Transparent Countdown

InvaderScooge

Reaction score
I got tired of not being able to easily change my wallpaper around because of the counters. I also got tired of not being able to see the count down when doing other stuff. So I wrote this for myself and I know some people on these forums have been asking for a transparent countdown so I decided to register and drop this off. Feel free to host it pass it along.

You can right click on one of the numbers or letters to get a menu to exit or disable the topmost feature. You can drag it wherever you want on the screen.

To run it you need the .NET Framework 1.1 installed. You can get it from http://www.microsoft.com/downloads or from windows update.

I attached a screenshot of my desktop along with the zip containing the exe.

Attachments

• Countdown.JPG
    Countdown.JPG
    69.5 KB · Views: 385
cool...a little big, if you had an option to make the font a little smaller that would be cool. also, if possible, have like a black outline on the text so u can read it easier. thanks!

Update - added some options

7hoR, thanks for the feedback. It does look big on lower resolutions. I added an option to pick from three sizes. Small, medium and large. I also added a font color preference. Those options are stored in the registry under "HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\ZimSoft\HL2Countdown" in case anyone was wondering.

Hazar, it does only one thing. Subtracts 11/16/2004 at 12:01 am from whatever time it is now.

InvaderScooge said:
7hoR, thanks for the feedback. It does look big on lower resolutions. I added an option to pick from three sizes. Small, medium and large. I also added a font color preference. Those options are stored in the registry under "HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\ZimSoft\HL2Countdown" in case anyone was wondering.

Hazar, it does only one thing. Subtracts 11/16/2004 at 12:01 am from whatever time it is now.

It's not working for me, An error pops up when ever I try to open it.

Got .NET?

Admin_Winnuting said:
It's not working for me, An error pops up when ever I try to open it.

You need the .NET Framework version 1.1 from Microsoft. You can get it from windows update under the optional software section or from the download page.

destrukt said:
not bad, just wish it was more customizable.

I was thinking of adding some more options like letting you change the text below the countdown and an option to turn of the transparency and add a background image and include a slider for opacity of the window if there is a background image. If you have any other feature request let me know. If they only take a little while to implement I will gladly add them, the boss is on vacation celebrating the Red Sox win. ;)

InvaderScooge said:

Thanks InvaderScrooge. Another suggestion, if you could make it so you could right click and have the option to put into the system tray that would be cool. Just have it say how many days are left in the system tray when you put it down there. If you can't do that, then just a hl2 icon would be nice. Once again, very nice job. Chek your PMs

Back