Turns out animation sprays are possible. Can you imagine the vulgarity?

spraying is tk-worthy, unless jenna jameson has something to do with it.
i hope all of this can be locked down server-side though.

Haha yeah, I remember when people started figuring out how to do animated gifs. One talented person I know actually got it working, but it wouldnt loop as others have said. The reason there was a 35kb limit is because thats the limit of the pldecal.wad that hold all your sprays...

Originally posted by Innervision961
excuse my ignorance (never play mp much) what is a spray exactly?
It's hair care product, silly!

I got animated spray working, all it did was cycle through a few different smiley faces and then stop on the last one, no-one was really impressed, because i was playing on a newbie server at the time.

Also, expect around a 50k or less limit for the spray sizes, and for them to be forced into multiple of 16 pixel sizes and poor image quality.

by the way, welcome to 2002.

Whoever posted about spraying a direct feed to another part of the map: with the camera\monitor tech, it's definately possible, and that would be pretty cool in my oppinion - you could turn a wall into a live feed of another wall that looks the same nearby, move in front of the camera so you appear on the wall, then when they're shooting at your screen, kill them :)

You won't be able to do this without a mod having been specifically written to do it, and there's no way something this elaborately cheaty\unrealistic would be put into cstrike for example.

What's the big deal? We already have problems in HL1 with inappropriate sprays. How is it solved? Offenders are banned from the server. As for uploading entire movies, I'm sure the game will put a limit on the spray's file size.

PS- Greasemonkey: Your sig = t3h win!1

Originally posted by asd
hmm, animated sprays. thats quite unrealistic

so are aliens and gravity guns.......

let me guess. you thnk CS is realistic.....

Yeah i always keep a backpack full of spraypaint when im terrorist hunting.....

"hmm i dont see anyone. ill just paint some hentai on the wall"

man i dont like the idea of animated sprays at all :( walkin around seeing blinking pictures will hurt my eyes when trying to play... boooo

I've never liked sprays - they don't serve any useful purpose, and like most things, people just find a way to be damn irritating with them. Get rid of them altogether, I say. Multiplayer doesn't need it at all. We should be worrying more about gameplay.

Originally posted by Logic
I've never liked sprays - they don't serve any useful purpose, and like most things, people just find a way to be damn irritating with them. Get rid of them altogether, I say. Multiplayer doesn't need it at all. We should be worrying more about gameplay.

well ...we can hope that for the mods its not appropriate in they will remove it....or possibly its a server option to disable?

ya i guess you could have a win lose or draw mod :p ....nah, just get rid of them. or yes please have it toggle on/off by server preference.

Originally posted by Solid Snake
Very creative Echelon. Hollywood pirating taken to a new level... Can't wait.

lol

yeah that will be nice. You dont download and watch movies alone. Now you watch 'em online with 200 other people, together :) I'd love to shoosh them :afro:

/decalfrequency 0

that makes you be able to do sprays as often as you want, you can cover the whole map in them if your decal limit is high enough.

I thought the decoy sprays were funny in CS. Once on de_dust this l33t player sprayed a fake ladder on one wall and you had 5 or 6 other players trying to go up, it was hilarious :)

Back