Turok Vs. Half Life....

Reaction score
In some ways the games are simular but instead of mutations and aliens you have dinasaurs. The dinasaurs are cool and everything but the gameplay just ain't as good. Seems like I am always getting lost in turok but in HL2 I hardly ever got lost. I guess I just don't do good in jungle because it looks all the same. Also the dinasaurs are a pain as you are killing soldiers just like the head crabs are. I also like the health better in HL2. I hate seeing the red when you are getting shot or bitten it is even harder to tell where you are going.

It is an ok game with a decent storty but nothing like HL2. I mean I can quit playing turok easy where I was totally addicted to HL2 and was bitched out frequently by the old lady for it.

As I understand it, the main difference between Turok and Half-life is that Turok's shit.

Thus, Half-Life is superior, thus, this thread is over, yeah?

That is one depressing Sig...

And this is one crappy thread...

Turok = fat guy in banana hamock

Half-Life = Hot girl in thong that loves videogames and threesoms.

the original "Turoks" for the 64 were pretty fun, but after it moved to the X-Box, Ps2, and GC, thats when the series went down hill, and the new game, well I played the demo and it was absolute crap. In fact, I'm ashamed to say that I used to like that series.
Any way, "Half Life" has almost 7 sequels and expansions (it might be 8) and none of them are as god awful as the 4th "Turok" (maybe it was the 5th, I can't remember if "Rage Wars" was the 3rd or 4th.) In fact, this series is one of the few that I can't wait for the next installment to be released.
so, uber victory for "Half Life".

The only fair way to settle this and all debates is to google both and see which has the most results:

Turok: 9 Million
Half Life: 57 Million

I'm sure this is how the decision was made for the war in Iraq so should be good enough for an argument on games. Turok sucks anyway with the exception of the gun on the N64 original which destroyed everything with that red orb that exploded and caused major desctruction but i think you could sent it back at the person who fired it with the gravity gun.

</discussion>

Almost anything compared to Halff-Life is just pure crap; and Turok is no exception (the graphics, the gemplay, the characters, everything sucks). The fact that you can kill dinosaurs with the knife by just pressing one button, while shooting at them doesn't do that much damage, is ridiculous.

Sorry halfgixxerbill, but this thread is pointless

Why make a thread with Half life Vs Turok.
The obvious answer is Half life, turok isn't anything like it.

This is a simple fix. Just change the first post to say "Half-Life > Turok"

Turok 64 was pretty good, but it is not comparable to HL, in my opinion.

turok sneaks into your room at night and cuts your toenails all jagged so that they get caught on your socks.

Back