TWO gmaes!! help please!!@#

Status
Not open for further replies.

jesse19901111

Reaction score
I recently got HL2 episode one, it wasn't what i expected. i wanted the crow bar and i got the Gravity gun. I had to shut down the core in this big ass building,(did it) and that was the primary objective in the game. Today i got a HL2 demo and it was the one i wanted i started on the train like i was
supposed to. Can anyone tell me the difference between the two games?

Half-life 2 is set before Episode 1. Episode 1 continues after HL2.

the one with the crowbar is regular half life 2 not episode one? Or is it?

Half-Life2 is the game where you start in the train and the first weapon you get is the crowbar after you have been teleported to the outside of Kliener's lab.Barney gives it to you.But you must make your way from the station to Kliener's lab to start when you get off the train.

Christ. THIS happens after THAT. It's not rocket science.

Heres what you've missed

Half life (Original half life game. Possibly the greatest game of all time)
Blue shift (Expansion for half life)
Opposing forces (Expansion for half life)
Half life 2 (Proper sequal to half life, which continues the story. Possibly the greatest game of all time)
Half life: Episode 1 < You are here

this thread is truly epic. the first person in the world to play ep1 before the first 4 games.

Thats what i thought. Half life 2 episode one doesnt have verry good textures in the building where the core is. so the one where you start in the train is
regular plain old "half lfie 2" not episode one or regular half life am i right?

correct also what are you talking about it doesnt have very good textures???

Thats what i thought. Half life 2 episode one doesnt have verry good textures in the building where the core is. so the one where you start in the train is
regular plain old "half lfie 2" not episode one or regular half life am i right?

Yes, you're right ffs. How hard is it to understand?!

1. Half-Life.

2. Half-Life 2. <- YOU WANT THAT ONE. IT STARTS WITH TRAIN & CROWBAR.

3. Half-Life 2: Episode 1. <- YOU BOUGHT THAT ONE, IT COMES AFTER HALF-LIFE 2.

You know what, I can see how it would be confusing. A game with the title: "Episode One" should logically be the first game. Easy mistake to make in my book.

Yup.

But not after there's been several posts telling you which game comes first :p

Why they couldn't have called it Half-life 3 Episode One is beyond me.

Maybe people would think they're stalling?

EP1 doesn't have good textures, its just pink checker board walls that look horrible. and the game takes place in the big ass building the whole time.

Lo.ol.

The pink checkboards only happen when you are missing or failed to load the real textures. I get those in CS:S from time to time.

It's also a short game. Episode One is part of the continuation of sequels, sort of like expansions, to HL2. Download HL2 and get on with it.

Because for a last game Half-Life 3 sounds way better than Half-Life 4.

EP1 doesn't have good textures, its just pink checker board walls that look horrible. and the game takes place in the big ass building the whole time.
Sounds like someone:

A: Has a crappy PC that can't handle the game properly,

or

B: Doesn't know how to keep drivers or DirectX etc up to date

or

C: Doesn't know how to set up their in-game graphics properly

or

D: Has a pirated copy of the game.

Which is it?

Now you all see why Valve r teh genious with the Orange Box strategy. See? See?

"Which game do I buy?"
"I dunno, they're all Half-Life 2!" D:

checkerboard textures usually only happens to me if i minimize during loading

Half Life 2:Aftermath Episode something sounds better and it isnt really a new game

This thread is TRULY ****ING EPIC!

L
M
F
A
O
!

CHECKER BOARD TEXTURES!!!! LOL!!!!!

THIS IS A BEYOND GODLIKE THREAD. YOU ARE TRULY FAMOUS INDEED!

i pity you. you have got the wrong half life series, spoiled the game for yourself, and have the game screwed up as seen from the textures. and you are probably very VERY confused rightnow. i lay my hat down to you friend. you are truly epic...

oh yes, and you spelled it wrongly as well. its "games". LOL

Shasta can't go one thread without calling someone a pirate. > >

How come i cant buy half life lost coast? Isnt it an expansion pack?
it said it came out in like 06 but i cant find it anywhere it looks good tho...

How come i cant buy half life lost coast? isn't it an expansion pack?
it said it came out in like 06 but i cant find it anywhere it looks good tho...

oh my god. its free for gods sake. its downloadable for ppl with hl2 or other source games.. ok. just go buy hl2 and play it. don't make a fool of yourself here anymore.

i think i would like to add this as my best thread ever sig.. lol

Shutup Soul, you were just as n00bish as this guy. Ok, not quite so n00bish. But he's just asking questions that are really easily answered. You don't need to make fun of him for that.

You might feel compelled to make fun of him for that, but just remember - you're a freaking n00b to someone else.

soulslicer calling someone a fool

oh the irony.

-edit
he has a point though.

Haha, this thread is hilarious. :D

I'm pretty sure jesse19901111 is joking. But if not, then his questions have been answered, so all's well.

-_-

WTF?

Does any one think he finally gets it???
Let me Explain:

The reason they called it Half-Life 2: Episode one, was because they were going to call it AFTERMATH, for some reason, they changed ot to Episode 1, also (I almost made the same mistake) I almost bought EP1, thinking it was HL2, then realized the price: 19.99!!! WTF? So then I actually looked at the box, and I'm pretty sure it said "The sequel to Half-Life 2" or something like that or along those lines.

Half-Life
Half-Life 2
Half-Life 2: Episode One
(and the long awaited, yet to be released)
Half-Life 2: Episode Two,
but seeing as your PC appears to be crap, good luck trying to play EP2 :D

victor, you have no right to say that as you are a noob to these forums as well just like me. anyway, i only kept saying that as this thread was really hilarious. was not directed at jesse in any bad way. no hard feelings pls.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back