Two good reasons to assume HL2 is delayed

Originally posted by FoB_Ed
sorry, I didn't read the whole thread, I just read your idiotic post. But it doesn't matter, HL2 will come out the 30th

it has nothing to do with reading this thread, it has to do with reading the article you pointed me to.

which clearly says the cards will be available for purchase 2-3 weeks after the alcatraz announcement.

Originally posted by Xtasy0
it has nothing to do with reading this thread, it has to do with reading the article you pointed me to.

which clearly says the cards will be available for purchase 2-3 weeks after the alcatraz announcement.

it doesn't matter about the alcatraz crap, there's no evidence of a delay, and everything points to sept 30th

go away schweppes, when are they gonna ban your IP? Are you gonna keep creating user names like Doom3>HL2?

Originally posted by FoB_Ed
it doesn't matter about the alcatraz crap, there's no evidence of a delay, and everything points to sept 30th

im not talking about the games release date. i was simply informing the person i quoted that the video card wouldnt be for sale sept. 30th as he had assumed.

Originally posted by DOOManiac
Whether you believe in Valve or not, whether your glass is half full or half empty (or leaking), here's two very good reasons you should just assume HL2 has been delayed:

1) If it turns out it has been delayed, you won't be so pissed off and disappointed, as you will have seen it coming. Yeah you'll still be a bit upset, but you won't be taking to the streets burning things...

2) If it turns out that the game comes out September 30th, then instead of feeling like nothing out of the ordinary happened, you'll feel very grateful and happy that you're fortunate enough to get such a great game earlier than you were expecting.

I had another reason for posting this but as of now its 2AM and my brain is dead. Sorry.

I had already adopted those views, for precisly teh reasons you states. Great minds...

Originally posted by Xtasy0

It wouldn't bother me if HL2 was only 2-3 weeks late, just as long as it doesn't become a DukeNukem:Forever and CS:CZ.

OHh wait CS:CZ turned into total crap, So I Don't want it ANYWAYS.

Hey, Xtasy, it says "The card will cost $399 and will be in the shops two to three weeks after the Alcatraz announcement in serious quantities."

That sounds to me like there will be a few here and there for the 30th, but there will be ALOT more to ship afterwards... ?

Originally posted by Deadline
Hey, Xtasy, it says "The card will cost $399 and will be in the shops two to three weeks after the Alcatraz announcement in serious quantities."

That sounds to me like there will be a few here and there for the 30th, but there will be ALOT more to ship afterwards... ?

AYE, thanks for pointing that out, I didn't see it before.

ok i got 5 cans of gasoline and plenty of torches- when half life 2 gets delayed i made a road map leading to valve hq planing stops at the ammo store. Any pigs get in my way 5 sets of spike strips should slow em down. :borg:

Originally posted by kinggi
ok i got 5 cans of gasoline and plenty of torches- when half life 2 gets delayed i made a road map leading to valve hq planing stops at the ammo store. Any pigs get in my way 5 sets of spike strips should slow em down. :borg:

... alright thanks for clearing that up.

your welcome. Anyway i think the fact that they are having a half life 2 event hosted by radeon on the 30th in alcatraz is the best proof we have that half life will come out on time or maybe 1 to 2 days after- my guess is it ships on the 30th and arrives in stores a few days later. That way all the press gets their radeons and copies of half life 2 so they can spread praise about the game making everyone rush to the store when the 1st of oct comes around. Really once that event gets cancelled than expect a delay. But as it is i have no idea why they would hold an event like that on hl2 planned release date and not release the game.

Back