Two New HL2 Videos At E3 2004

S

supermoose

According to the news page at the offical HL page E3 Will have two new Videos for our viewing pleasure :D

Here's a link. From there click on News and you will see a short paragraph on E3 2004

http://half-life.sierra.com/

Could they hide this news any better? Man, talk about poor PR. Anway, good find.

That's not just two new videos, but two new complete demonstrations which could each include several new videos! Each of the videos that were released last time were from one demonstration.

I'm new, by the way. :)

Christ, and in reading it closer I realize that it says DEMO, not video!! Is it possible that they have two playable demos?

I doubt it. I think it just means two different demonstrations, not playable demos.

Who knows, though... :)

Edit: it also says they'll be in theaters. So I now highly doubt there'll be a playable demo :(

Hard to tell what they mean with the word "demo". I don't think it means playable demo, just demonstration.

Bloody well hidden little news item isn't it:p

SidewinderX143 said:
well, playable for whoever is controlling it.

nah, just gonna be looping movies, remember when those students were at valve? valve was editing the E3 material in adobe premiere....

Valve isn't really the best when it comes to press releases I guess, but that information certainly is nice to have. Thank you supermoose :)

alan8325 said:
That's not just two new videos, but two new complete demonstrations which could each include several new videos! Each of the videos that were released last time were from one demonstration.

I'm new, by the way. :)

welcome to the forums :)

Dang, nice find! I had no idea they even updated that page anymore.

Hopefully its a tech demo then a Gameplay demo. It would make sense that way, like last time. Also hope its longer.

i cant beleive e3 is only a few days away :D
by friday we will have alot of new media + info :)

nice find!
Now they updated the Valve page, I think they will launch the HL2 soon hopefully.

btw where is the sdk?

gooooood question.

What was the whole thing about "SDK coming out around E3" was this just a rumour or what? Any link to someone saying that?

something must be going on if they updated their half life page.
jebus that's unheard of :D

I think they're saying that there will be two places to see the demos, not two new, separate demos. Last year was so crowded, and considering the hype and notoriety the game has made since then, it makes sense they'd have two viewing booths.

I've also heard that everyone attending will get a pass with an assigned viewing time so people aren't stuck waiting in line for extended periods of time. VALVe must be loving that, because it almost guarantees everyone at the show will see the game. Pretty win-win.

They mention both the VUG and ATi booths.. but what about the VALVe booth? Or is the main VALVe booth a VGU booth? :|

I know one of the booths VALVe has reserved is a private conferance room (or what have you), but.. eh?

noah said:
I think they're saying that there will be two places to see the demos, not two new, separate demos. Last year was so crowded, and considering the hype and notoriety the game has made since then, it makes sense they'd have two viewing booths.

"At this years E3 Expo, there will be not one – but TWO – Half-Life 2 theatres to get a look at two different demonstrations with ALL-NEW content."

Keyword different, be optimistic! :)

They wouldnt suggest to go see both of them if they were identical. :D

Shuzer said:
"At this years E3 Expo, there will be not one – but TWO – Half-Life 2 theatres to get a look at two different demonstrations with ALL-NEW content."

Cool! Didn't see that. Bonus.

Yay, can't believe it was almost an year since we saw first HL2 footage. Looking forward to seeing something new, plus playing HL2 itself this summer (hopefully).

OT: Noah, eh, are you a taffer from ION forums ? :) This month sure is exiting for a thief fan :)

Ummm, this news has been all over the internet for like 5 days. Just another location for it.

One is in the ATI booth...si I think that one will be all about gfx, the Valve demonstration is probably about gameplay :)
I bet it's gonna be hell @ those boots :p:p

Thanks for the information. There was a thread about this though...like a week ago

ohh carnt wait :) e3 is gunna be so damn good this year

"As we stumbled out of the room in awe, two things were sure: I cannot wait to play the game over and over again, and I cannot wait to see what is done with the engine. To finally sum this all up, let me put it this way: There was another game shown at this show. It was called Doom something. I dunno at this point. I forgot."
? ActionTrip.com

I love that comment! He really thinks HL2 will own DOOM3...and i agree.

Does anybody know how long it took last year for somebody to upload the E3 videos ?

In other words: what will be the chance that we see the new Half Life 2 content the first day of E3?

They will be available as soon as its physically possible. I remember last year IGN and Gamespy were scrambling to be the first :D

UKchaos said:
They will be available as soon as its physically possible. I remember last year IGN and Gamespy were scrambling to be the first :D

There probably will be dozens of people with cams recording the videos from different angles, so we can overanalyze every aspect of them hehe :cheers:

Here's to hoping there will be playable content at E3 :D

Heheh, lotsa new media coming. :)

Its interesting that Valve have just set up a page for HL2 media on steam.

I am guessing that very soon after E3 they will put up a page for this years vids. :)

MindCrafter said:
"As we stumbled out of the room in awe, two things were sure: I cannot wait to play the game over and over again, and I cannot wait to see what is done with the engine. To finally sum this all up, let me put it this way: There was another game shown at this show. It was called Doom something. I dunno at this point. I forgot."
? ActionTrip.com

I love that comment! He really thinks HL2 will own DOOM3...and i agree.

err..not sure. but wouldnt this be the 2003 presentation? :frog:

that's an odd decision, well is the game coming out really really soon or something?

RoyaleWithCheese said:
Does anybody know how long it took last year for somebody to upload the E3 videos ?

In other words: what will be the chance that we see the new Half Life 2 content the first day of E3?
Very high chance.

For those who said there was a thread with the same information in it a week ago, I'm sorry. I didn't spot it, and thought people would be happy to see some detailed information.

Supermoose

Back