Typing

Do you type with two fingers?

• Yes

Votes: 19 25.7%
  • No

Votes: 55 74.3%

• Total voters
I still hunt and peck, with 2 fingers. I can type pretty fast provided that I don't have to look up and down at something - I still have to look at the keyboard while I type. This makes me utterly useless at any kind of typing speed measuring thing.

I;kk t=judt gafe a ho at typufbn withoht kookunb
"I'll just have a go at typing without looking"

NOT VERY GOOD. And I've been typing for years ;( Pretty fast though.

StardogChampion said:
Your hands must move around insanely fast, people must think your spazzing out and having a fit...

It does look pretty weird come to think of it.

I did Word Processing in School. The first few weeks were just "Mavis Beacon Teaches Typing".

So I can touch type. I got 78WPM on that test thingy. With only one mistake. I can tell if I make a mistake even if I'm not looking at the screen. I just know I've hit the wrong key. So I automatically backspace and type the right one.

A lot of my typing mistakes come because I write the wrong word. Like in that test I wrote "house" instead of "hours".

My only mistakes with typing is typing too fast and thinking faster than I type...or typing faster than I think... o_O

But yeah, I think a lot of people make poor typers because they can't spell for shit anyway.

I don't type with two fingers nor do I type the proper way. It is probally more closely to the proper way just my fingers don't rest on the home row, and I am sure there are a few variations to the way I type.

I use all tens to type Dvorak. I can still type perfectly well Qwerty, but I find Dvorak to be much less strenuous over long periods. DOS and Unix commands can be confusing, though, since the command is associated directly with the motion rather than the characters. I've typed

C:\> p;
Bad command or file name.
*oops, wrong keyboard*
C:\> ls
Bad command or file name.
*oops, wrong OS*
C:\> dir

For C-style coding, it's a bit nicer to have the ';' in the home row as it is in Qwerty, rather than the bottom as it is in Dvorak.

Back