Uhh, did any one else hate 'we don't go to Ravenholm'???

Not me! I hardly know any background... I've started a post where people just talk about their Ravenholm stories, as long as people play Ravenholm, this thread's gonna keep going...

A Tourist's Guide to Ravenholm

Ravenholm is a cheery mining town located near what is now called City 17. Used by the Resistance as a means in and out of Black Mesa East, a rebel base built on top of a nearby hydro-electric dam, Ravenholm industry and tourism suffered a major blow when almost overnight every single resident was turned into a headcrab zombie. After the dust had settled and the unlucky crabs who hadn't found a host had died off, only one human occupant of Ravenholm remained: Father Grigori, who you will meet (this is assured) if you wander around town, especially if you attach a headcrab to your head and moan continually.

As Ravenholm is primarly a mining town, why excessive amounts of sawblades are found in the villiage is a bit questionable, as is the reason for the entrance to the mines being inside a house next to the graveyard. But it does explain the multitude of gas canisters (it gets cold at night) and explosive barrels commonly found in Ravenholm. If travelling to Ravenholm, please remember to pack a Hazardeous Environment Suit, and especially a helmet. Shotguns are entirely optional.

For maximum safety and comfort, please visit Ravenholm by daylight. This will assist you to make the best possible purchases when visiting picturesque Ravenholm!

Great! Now.........Explain Grigori's life and his fate! HIS EXACT FATE! ARNOLD COMMANDS YOU!
[Arnold Schwarzenegger]ADO EET ANOW![/Arnold Schwarzenegger]

I can see him living since we parted company with him. But if he doesn't return in a future episode, I guess he didn't make it out before the Citadel went and all hell broke loose. That would be bad ass to have him as gunner in the buggy in ep2.

Father Gregori and Ravenholm were way out there, not close to the citidel, you cant even see it from there can you?

Explain dammit!
Here you go.

As the only child of a Yugoslavian transvestite, Little Gregori as a young child found his only refuge and companionship in an abandoned kitten which he name Floyd Florphinphlife. Life in a small village just outside of a mining town was tough, especially on a child and his kitten. Having to take care of himself and Floyd he would scavenge anything he could and sell almost anything he had. He always dreamed of being able to work in the mines and take care of himself and Floyd. As he came of age to start working he thought of a brighter pasture was in his future. But it takes a dark turn from there...

In a freak mining accident Floyd was decapitated and sent a now Young Gregori into a downward spiral. Shortly after the accident the mines shut down due to overwhelming production costs, it was just too much for the little town to bare. Booze, women and men, anything he could use to try and take the pain away. On one particular night Young Gregori found himself at the only habitable place left in town, the church. From a rope that dropped down from the rafters he was to hang himself, he couldn't forgive himself for losing Floyd. As he climbed up on a dusty makeshift platform with the noose around his neck he peered out into the night sky through the stained glass window that depicted baby Jesus in all his glory. He was not prepared for what would come next.

Wave after wave of light shot through the sky as he saw great structures appearing out of nowhere. The light made the baby Jesus sparkle and dance like it was speaking to him. At that moment Young Gregori realized what he had to do.

He took the noose off and vowed from that point on to spread the word of the lord to all throughout the land. He found a rifle laying in one end of the church and named it after his late mother, Annabelle, his angel. With his angel and the left paw of Floyd that hung from a necklace around his neck, he planned to set out for the country side to hunt for food and spread the good word.

But with a young and restless congregation starting to take shape in his little town, he could not leave them. He preached to his flock from the rooftops and reached out to them with the hand of Annabelle. He is now a truly joyous soul.

After many years, Father Gregori had the pleasure of meeting a true believer. This man wielded the most magnificant of tools. Being able to levitate and propel objects like God himself and dressed in garb worthy of any holy man. Naturally Father Gregori asked this man to join him and preach the word. But it was not ment to be. The man asked Father Gregori to join him on his voyage, but Father Gregori respectfully declined. Stating that his followers would be lost without him. They parted company at the gates of hell, each a little richer and wiser.

Shortly after his encounter with the holy man Father Gregori noticed strange things happening. Unexplained forces would rip through the town bring anyone in its path to their knees. Father Gregori knew it was the devil himself but was not quite prepared yet for the confrontation. Father Gregori retreated to the woods to prepare for the coming battle.

Father Gregori is now living in a small cabin in the northern woods where he is preparing. In his spare time he enjoys trolling the shores of a nearby lake for driftwood to make sea sculptures. He also likes to make wicker furniture out of trees located in the forest. Floyd and Annabelle are still with him as is the Lord. :D

Ravenholm was one of my favorite chapters. The transition from Black Mesa East to Ravenholm was one of the coolest, most atmoshperic moments I've ever played in a game. When Dog closes the door and isolates you in the tunnel, and you realize you have to go to the dark, mysterious "we dont go there anymore" abandoned place,... well... I just found that one of the coolest gaming moments ever.

Of course, it loses a lot of the magic once you've gone through it several times, but it's still great.

I really don't like zombies in general, no matter what game/movie they're from. Although I find headcrab zombies more tolerable than the rest (especially the Flood. Grrr... *Hates on the Flood*)

Despite me not being much of a zombie person, I still thought Ravenholm was a good chapter. Great for experimenting with the gravity gun. Haven't played Lowlife yet. If only Episode One was available on Xbox...

Now, someone come up with a story for the zombies and headcrabs infesting Ravenholm. What happened to them? You have 15 minutes.

It was pretty obvious the Combine launched headcrab pods into Ravenholm.

Silly Willie.

They got hungy and ate the rest of Floyd.

'Sif. They organised a workers collective, Danimal. And instead of headcrab gray... Ravenholm became headcrab RED.

Back