...uhh...help..

Slik

Reaction score
ok I have another problem, my icons wont change and I tried everything, well not everything. all my icons are the unknown file type icon, and they all work.

I attached a pic to show you what I am talking about.

I think it all started when I tried changing the natural selection icon to some of those popular GANT icons and then *poof* all my icons have been transformed like magic.

Try doing a system restore and see if that will fix it.

Otherwise you have to change them manually... which is a bit... tedious... :p

I cant change them manually and I happen to have system restore off :eek:

edit: when I go properties and go to change icon it doesnt do anything it just stays teh same.

Im going to cry if i dont fix this/reformat :(

Are you using an Explorer shell, like Litestep, Or is the bottom toolbar just been moved to the left side of your desktop?

A couple of things you could try..

Goto control panel/ folder options/ view ... And reset both boxes here to default.

It could be something in the desktop properties/ appearance too.

Sorry I'm not much more help.

What happens if you right click on any shortcut and select properties, What does it say in here, There might be a clue to why the icon properties have changed.

Unrelated...But were you on a HL2DM server last night, Sure I played against you?

I am still trying to find a solution.

and dunno if I saw you, my name is Zaybrx by the way.

I remember seeing something in the Microsoft KB about this.. try searching there, or googling about for stuff like "Icon refresh missing wrong change" etc..
Apparently some buffer can fill up or something.
And.. its a very distant memory, but TweakXP (the freeware app) had some feature associated with icons changing maybe check that out too

Back