Ultimate HL2 Challenge?

footsteps

Reaction score
HL2 too easy? Fear not! Where there's a nerd there's a way.

Minimalist Gordon: USP + crowbar only. No ammo cheating.
Darth Gordon: Manipulator only.
Dirty Gordon: .357 only but with no reloading (ie. you die, it's game over).
Pinup Gordon: crossbow only. No reloading.
Tactical Gordon: no hud.

All on hard difficulty of course. RPG to be used only when situation demands it.

on hard thats to big of a challenge mabye easy or normal

Pure minimalist: Hard mode. Only use weapons when absoutely neccessary to advancing in the game, no exceptions otherwise (not even to break open supply crates), and even when protecting other characters. You can pick up items, but only ones that aren't in a box. Do not use health or armour charging stations. first person to do this (and have evidence) gets a christmas present. :D

KagePrototype said:
Pure minimalist: Hard mode. Only use weapons when absoutely neccessary to advancing in the game, no exceptions otherwise (not even to break open supply crates). Do not use health or armour charging stations. first person to do this (and have evidence) gets a christmas present. :D

Something tells me some geek alreadys sitting on his toes playing thru hl2 without dying - manipulator only :p .........little wonders :rolleyes:

Mickeey said:
Something tells me some geek alreadys sitting on his toes playing thru hl2 without dying - manipulator only :p .........little wonders :rolleyes:

its impossible to beat the game with the manipulator only..

you cant kill dropships or striders without the launcher.

I think?

NO WAY you can beat it with just a manipulator or whatever on hard. I had trouble on hard without cheats.

footsteps, how could anyone do Minimalist Gordon when you don't have those items in the final chapter?

pomegranate said:
footsteps, how could anyone do Minimalist Gordon when you don't have those items in the final chapter?

Cheat! :) Same goes for the .357 ammo.

It's not cheating if you cheat yourself :D.

EDIT: aah, I said no ammo cheating. Well, an exception could be made for the last chapter.

I'm pretty sure you can kill a Strider with anything, only the RPG is the fastest by far (actually, the Dark Energy balls are :p) but you could do it with a manipulator.

Well, i didn't have patience to throw those body keepers in the last chapter at the strider there, considering that it need 4-5 rockets, i think it woulda need pretty many of those things :p

You CAN beat striders with the manipulator.
I threw the little cameras at them. And it took time. but the sucker died!

i dont think you can kill a strider with anything non-explosive. i think this because when i was messing around with commands after i beat it, i turned up the dmg on the pistol to like 9999, and couldn't kill a strider with it.

SPOILERS! Jesus. Some people haven't finished the game yet. Don't forget the tags.

Well, that's one more surprise gone, and I know it's my own fault for even being on here. Meh.

Ultimape said:
You don't need to kill everything to get by it.

true.

-and the cameras explode as you throw them so it is possible to beat them anyways

when your in a bind and your far behind, just do what I do:

DUCK, and COVER.

Gertrum said:
SPOILERS! Jesus. Some people haven't finished the game yet. Don't forget the tags.

Well, that's one more surprise gone, and I know it's my own fault for even being on here. Meh.
Lmao...ohh! noo! you can kill a strider with 5 rockets! now my game experience is ruined!

:dork:

Back