Ultra Shine Shaders Issue....help

mrmonkah

Reaction score
Hey peeps,

Not sure what the hell this problem is, but i think its since the support of HDR that it started happening. Anyway, rather than explain i whipped something up in Hammer to show you.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v630/mrmonkah/poolside0000.jpg

Now the 'silver' texture is one of the default/valves WHITE tile textures. (from the Prison maps i think) Anyway, as with all the textures that have a shader on em, its not really displaying anything BUT the shader. This means water looks white and other textures look like distorted mirrors etc. Anyway, as you can see from the floor texture (without a shader) all is well there. (This 'effect' isn't limited to beneath the water line)

Any thoughts or suggestions?

Oh, my settings, not that they have changed much, i tried a combination of compiling with and without HDR and running the engine with and without HDR. No good i am affriad. Plus, turing the shader level down in the menu doesn't seem to do much either in the way have eliminating the ultra reflections.

That's the bug that occurs for everyone after the 64-bit update. Should be fixed some day...

mrmonkah said:
Hey peeps,

Not sure what the hell this problem is, but i think its since the support of HDR that it started happening. Anyway, rather than explain i whipped something up in Hammer to show you.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v630/mrmonkah/poolside0000.jpg

Now the 'silver' texture is one of the default/valves WHITE tile textures. (from the Prison maps i think) Anyway, as with all the textures that have a shader on em, its not really displaying anything BUT the shader. This means water looks white and other textures look like distorted mirrors etc. Anyway, as you can see from the floor texture (without a shader) all is well there. (This 'effect' isn't limited to beneath the water line)

Any thoughts or suggestions?

Oh, my settings, not that they have changed much, i tried a combination of compiling with and without HDR and running the engine with and without HDR. No good i am affriad. Plus, turing the shader level down in the menu doesn't seem to do much either in the way have eliminating the ultra reflections.

Will be fixed soon...

Put
mat_dxlevel 81
into the console.

it's even worse on the dx9 water. too bright. i hope valve fix this soon as i' working on a couple of night maps with water in

That's the bug that occurs for everyone after the 64-bit update. Should be fixed some day...

does it occour to people with an amd 64 cpu?

crackhead said:
does it occour to people with an amd 64 cpu?
I have amd 64 cpu but no 64 bit OS. It appears that everyone has this problem though, if someone doesn't please tell.

yeah i have amd 64 cpu but no 64 bit os. has windows released the 64 bit xp cuz ive been waiting for ages. i dont know if i get this problem but i probally do.

apparently there's a fix for this overbright cubemapping today in the latest source update. however the update notes only describe it as an ATI issue, which it isn't, since i have this too and i have a 6600GT

i'd check to see if it fixes it for nvidia too but the servers are all busy for me dammit

crackhead said:
has windows released the 64 bit xp cuz ive been waiting for ages.
There is 64bit xp but I don't know where to get it.

And my source games are updating hope it's a working fix.

EDIT: Yes, everything is normal now.

UltraProAnti said:
apparently there's a fix for this overbright cubemapping today in the latest source update. however the update notes only describe it as an ATI issue, which it isn't, since i have this too and i have a 6600GT

i'd check to see if it fixes it for nvidia too but the servers are all busy for me dammit

Yep, I've got 6600 and was wondering why the shaders were going crazy - the latest update thankfully fixed it :)

Which update fixed it, or atleast what date? And does this apply to the Beta SDK or just the standard SDK?

Catch you later

Back