(un)official buglist for DOD:Source

Zeus

Tank
Reaction score
Ok this is a thread to report DOD source bugs in, please post them all so we can eventually gather them up and send to valve so they can fix as soon as possible.

Ill start
_______

Sometimes you can get "stuck" on a player and its nearly impossible to get unstuck without suiciding...this happens alot and imo its starting to conflict with the game's quality.

It seems in game that when shooting at someone thay take alot of ammo before being killed??
Do other people feel it takes to many shots to make a kill alot of the time at close quaters, or does accuracy change that much from standing, prone ect.. please let me know (thanks)

Respawn timer sometimes sticks with me after spawning in, can't see chats or kills listed, doesn't go away until reconnect.

It seems in game that when shooting at someone thay take alot of ammo before being killed??
not a bugggggggggggggggggg

Once round was over and the other team had a chance to claim their "prize", a German soldier was spawning in and the model was transparent blue. After a few seconds a beam of light/energy that was somewhat reminicent of HL2 surrounded him.

Strange....

Sometimes when a teammate gets to close to me we seem to get stuck together. Happened a few times today in a few different servers.

arial said:
Sometimes when a teammate gets to close to me we seem to get stuck together. Happened a few times today in a few different servers.
Read, boy. Mentioned already.

Random letters not appearing.

Not a gameplay important bug, but sometimes the reload animations dont work. They wont show, but you have reloaded..

I can't change team or class once the game has started.

oh, and there must be a bug with the smgs, they're shite :/

Something about Anzio seems to be causing a lot of instability for a significant number of people, including myself. It has some symptoms of a memory leak, because as the game progresses the areas with water (perhaps a shader issue) seem to get slower and slower... to the point of the game becoming a slideshow. In some cases, graphical issues (such as missing/corrupt textures, invisible walls, etc) arise. In extreme cases, it sometimes forces the computer to reboot. It's disappointing to see one of my favorite old maps still in an almost unplayable state upon release.

EDIT: Oh, and then there's the issue of some Geforce 6 series cards/drivers causing the game to crash and the computer to reboot when you reach the DoD:S menu. As of yet, the only workaround I've heard of for that is to add "-window -console" to the launch options and then change back to full screen once you get into the game. Even updating to the 78.05 forceware drivers supposedly designed to fix compatibility problems with DoD:S and Lost Coast doesn't seem to work for some people.

arial said:
Well boy I don't see it anywhere else in THIS THREAD.

Its in the first post :rolleyes:

My bug: Physprops that land on you while you are prone make you stuck.

And I have another that lets you avoid respawning at the round restart, but I'll use bug report for that

sometimes i can see the HDR lighting/shadows through walls. example, on avalanche, when you are in the bombed out 'lobby' (through the door just to the left of the middle flag), you can look up through the stairways and at the door where the axis come out, you can always see their shadow through the wall as they approach, making for some very easy kills.

solution to the stuck bug: one player goes prone the other tries jumping. its still a damn annoying bug, but you can get out of it.

bliink said:
Its in the first post :rolleyes:

My bug: Physprops that land on you while you are prone make you stuck.

And I have another that lets you avoid respawning at the round restart, but I'll use bug report for that
Sorry, Thought it was his sig after the line.

Sometimes when i'm playing, my RL character won't eat :(

Anzio:
-Possible for the Germans to be able to get into allied spawn through middle entrance.
-Not so much a bug, but an issue with the immense amount of spawn camping that can be achieved by the Germans at allied entrances.
-Same issue but reverse roles.

Donner:
-Fence on left entrance of allied base is see through (not gone, but axis can see into it) and you can shoot spawning allies through it.

Global:
- Noticed sometimes that when swapping weapons their weapon animations will repeat themselves several times before coming out.

not too big a list and most are map layout issues.

gh0st said:
sometimes i can see the HDR lighting/shadows through walls. example, on avalanche, when you are in the bombed out 'lobby' (through the door just to the left of the middle flag), you can look up through the stairways and at the door where the axis come out, you can always see their shadow through the wall as they approach, making for some very easy kills.
noooess don't tell 'em that :(
Now all my kills will perish ;(

My DoD:S keeps crashing and freezing the whole computer with looping sounds after a couple of rounds, if I have HDR on. I have old catalysts though.

Theres something about Anzio that disagrees with my PC, may be the already mentioned memory leak, but whatever it is, its annoying. :(
Reload animations skip sometimes, other than that, Im really really pleased with what they've done.

Camon_Draconis said:
Anzio:
-Possible for the Germans to be able to get into allied spawn through middle entrance.
I can also run and jump back over the ramp into the Allied spawn on Avalanche. I only do it after we (Germans) win the round... to kill the unarmed people that are hiding. :E Still, it should probably be fixed.

i hope u all submutted ur bugs with the program inside dod source, cuz just telling fellow players about em wont solve em.

When u chagne teams or a class just as the round restarts, u stay in ur location while everyone else is back at the spawn point, but u have no gun and u can still run around, ive captured enemy spawn points before they could even get to it cuz i was close to it at the end of the round. this has happened like 4 times, kinda fun :)

OCybrManO said:
I can also run and jump back over the ramp into the Allied spawn on Avalanche. I only do it after we (Germans) win the round... to kill the unarmed people that are hiding. :E Still, it should probably be fixed.

hahaha! nice... i havent played avalanche enough yet to do this. i will have to try this.

Close combat seems to miss, unless the enemy is standing still, no idea why.

For some reason I have to reset my cursor size everytime I start the game. It doesn't seem to save the settings.

Crouching near a prone player who then unprones in a small hallway (avalanche buildings) may make you stuck.

CombineHarvester said:
For some reason I have to reset my cursor size everytime I start the game. It doesn't seem to save the settings.

Same with me. This is also the case with CS:S though. Some button configurations dont save as well.

several, very specific because This is all I've tried with:
stosstrouppe, k98 I think; if you are playing in your own server, and take damage from your own rifle grenade, the screen will freeze but the game will continue.
the sub mahcine gun thing, nazi side; same thing, but with hand grenades.
there was another one, but I can't remember... I'll edit if I do. also, these two bugs didn't seem to show up if I played on someone else's server.

EDIT: aha! The valve logo, with the guitar in the background, doesn't show up, but it plays the sound. also, I can press esc which normally skips it and it takes me to the main menu, like it normally would.

Bait said:
Once round was over and the other team had a chance to claim their "prize", a German soldier was spawning in and the model was transparent blue. After a few seconds a beam of light/energy that was somewhat reminicent of HL2 surrounded him.

Strange....

Thats a plugin. Its a punishment for teamkilling. I think that is the frozen punishment, you cant move until you die. Its a sweet tk system.

The only two bugs I have encountered are the 2 players stuck bug, and a wierd one that a couple people have called the floating jesus bug. Its basically a player can only move, and when others see him he is just an unanimated model. He cant shoot or anything, and he just floats around with his arms out. Its like how garrys mod was in the first versions when you played with another player.

Krynn72 said:
.....and a wierd one that a couple people have called the floating jesus bug. Its basically a player can only move, and when others see him he is just an unanimated model. He cant shoot or anything, and he just floats around with his arms out. Its like how garrys mod was in the first versions when you played with another player.

ive seen that once, the guy had both hands up as if he were going to double high five me, couldn't stop laughing, because he was coming after me

I managed to not only survive a whole round as an unarmed "floating jesus"... I even captured two flags, one of which was the game winning flag. I survived longer without a weapon than I normally do when I'm armed.

I hope you chased someone who was unarmed at the end of the round, just for kicks.

CombineHarvester said:

Yeah, I've only played a few times so far, but this has also happened to me. When you start playing your crosshairs are HUGE, so then I have to change the crosshair size in the menu.

i think there is some sort of directx error on my computer, anzio makes my comp lock up, and after i quit dod:s, my screen won't change resolutions to play games

I think most people would have noticed this already, and I'd say it is a 'bug':

When I shoot a wall thats a few feet away, I see a nice burst of dust that shoots out about 3 feet long and quickly disapears.
Yay.
But if I shoot a wall around 50 feet away, the dust burst looks like its shooting out 15 freakin feet, and it's really wide too.
Really annoying when I'm trying to shoot someone from a distance with an auto, but I can't even see them through the wall of dust in front of them. :(

I noted that, as soon as you start shooting it's impossible to see anything. Ive killed many teamates this way, couldn't see anything.

everytime i start the game i have to change the crosshair size, when i quit the crosshair sets to default. its no biggy, just a bit annoying

Back