Unable to see Combine soldiers

G

grog

Starting at the end of Chapter 6 (after leaving the mines) the Combine soldiers are not being drawn. All I can see are the weapons and their shadows on the ground when I kill them. I originally thought it was a new type of invisible soldier. I tried changing video resolutions (lowest possible, suggested and max settings) and am having no luck. I am able to see the Combine with all different resolution settings in chapter 1-3 (thats all Ive tested).
I have a Radeon 9800 XT and an AMD 64 3400+ w/ 1gig of memory. Any thoughts?

Hmm... this is weird. I never heard such problems before... maybe some of ur HL2 files are missing.

Is it a new graphics card? Because if it is, it might be a problem with the graphics card.

look in the console, see if any error messages come up. also, screenshots would be nice to see :D

I believe that is the chapter where you see new advanced, more powerful combine. It sounds to me as if you are missing some models. Check the developers console and check for error messages.

Go here and enter the search term "verify gcf" (url to the actual page was too long to post), it will take you to a page where you can verify your steam files by clicking on a link, only works in IE though :(

no longer fighting Predators

I can finally see them, changes the game completely. I had managed to get to where I was on the train bridge killing targets based on seeing weapons (zoom was my friend) before I finally had enough and thought Id ask for help. Many thanks to everyone, I did manage to update the missing file(s?) and can now see the formerly invisible combine soldiers!

Back