Unbound Forces seeking new modders!

J

jd2020j

Hi everyone!

I just wanted to post this here in hopes to pick up a few new members to our development team. Before I get ahead of myself, I want to make a few things clear. Unbound Forces is not a Source mod; it is a Call of Duty 2 total conversion. We chose Call of Duty 2 for a number of reasons - despite the fact that it has much more limited freedom than the Source SDK, we feel the fact that there are so few TC's for that platform it will allow us to really stand out more than if we were just another mod "in-the-crowd" for Half-Life 2.

That being said, I have chosen to recruit from this community because it has some of the most talented community developers there are. Furthermore, the positions we are really seaking are sort of engine-independent (modelers, uv mappers, skinners, animators).

So please check out the following sources for some media, to get an idea of what our mod is like, is going to be like, and just how much progress we've made.

1) Latest media update
2) Our Website (the ABOUT page)
3) Our Developer Journals (new)

Why am I not posting on Call of Duty 2 boards?
Well I am... The problem is, most people do not have faith that a good total conversion is even possible with Call of Duty 2. I say that is BS. You can do almost anything when you improv. For instance, our Night Vision goggles were said to be impossible, since CoD2 does not support animated alpha layers on HUD objects, so we couldn't get the static. I thought for a minute and said "why not flicker between 10+ different HUD images ever 10 miliseconds, to give the impression there is static?" - the coders said "brilliant!" and made it happen. Now we have Night Vision.

I want to assure anybody considering joining, but unsure, that we will release. I've heard several people who I've approached say "well I just don't like working on non-WW2 mods because if they dont release, I can't really release my work independently since it isn't the same theme as the game anymore..." - that fear is silly. We are going to release, we have 11 strong members so far who are dedicated and extremely talented, and we are merely recruiting in areas we could be stronger-in-numbers.

So please, if you are interested, e-mail us.

[email protected]

Feedback is welcomed, and thanks for your time. Keep up the great modifying!

Regards,
-JD

I like your innovative thinking anyway (like the Night vision example)...Unfortunately can't be of any help but good luck with it!

Back