Under-Rated Sci-Fi movies.

oh man i forgot all about 12 monkeys... great film. and, it wouldn't really classify as sci-fi, but david lynch's "Eraserhead" is brilliant.

Final Fantasy: The Spirits Within kicked major ass. Waaaaaaaaaaaaay underrated if ya' ask me.

The Black Hole, Godzilla 2000, the first remake of Invasion Of Body Snatchers with Jeff Goldblum, Alien^3, Final Fantasy, Virus, and a whole lot of others.
Not sci-fi, but still underrated were Identity, Insomnia and Panic Room, to mention a few.

Both matrix sequels were much better than the travesties they're hyped as being, but The Animatrix and even the comic book were better than number three.
Also, 28 Days Later deserves as much hype as it can get.

Pitch Black and Event Horizon. Fishburne did a great job in Event Horizon...

SpuD said:
Plan 9 from outer space !!

hahahaha ... yes! i love how at the end, the "ufo" *cough* paper plate looking thing *cough* is on fire and "explodes" and then the woman that was in it coughs... :LOL:

Lawnmower Man. And the sequel, I think.

What's Godzilla 2000? If that the American CG one? I liked that one. And it's attendant cartoon show.

Slightly OT, but Pitch Black will have a sequel (Of sorts.) soon, for those who didn't know...

Jackal hit said:
oh man i forgot all about 12 monkeys... great film. and, it wouldn't really classify as sci-fi,

??? Time travel? Apocalyptic future world?? Viral Pandemic that wipes out most of the worlds population?

Sound slike Sci-Fi to me!

The Cube is very cool - and underated.

THX 1138 is well worth a watch too.

Three favourite 'under-rated' sci fi movies:

Pitch Black - There is a second movie in the making

Starship Troopers - There is a second movie in the making

12 Monkeys - I wish there was a second movie in the making.

w00t.

By the way, even though I put it as 'under-rated', Starship Troopers is one of the "top five owned DVD's" so it actually isn't Under rated. :)

|MaTT| said:
??? Time travel? Apocalyptic future world?? Viral Pandemic that wipes out most of the worlds population?

Sound slike Sci-Fi to me!

ummm.. you didn't get all of my quote there hehe.

Bad^Hat said:
If you're Vin Deisel... :D

...yell really loud!!!

Come on people, some cooperation?

/me blows his anti-terrorist whistle.

/me stops farting to conserve air.

Incedently with people mentioning sequels in the works for some of thier favourite Sci-Fi films i would like to point out that a Logans Run remake is in pre-production with Matt Damon in the front running to play Logan...

The Running Man

An older Arnie flick. Its not great, but its not so bad either.

Back