Underwater invisible image (screenies)

wow nice find, very odd, i cant say i have any idea what that is...certainly not Kliener...possibly Klieners intestines?

It's the "resist" poster featuring Dr. Breen.

alot of the scenery in the buggy scenes dont reflect right....the powerlines for one...you cant see them

i saw that the second time i played it, thought it was a bug, lol

Driving the Boat

Does anyone know how to use the joystick for steering the boat? It works for moving around but not for the boat.

Also, I have to shoot the weapon before I go to the next weapon. How can I select a weapon without first firing it. Now, I select 1,2, 3 or whatever and press the fire button to change weapons.

LOL it looks like Osama Bin Laden to me! You can see a beard and a tuban kinda. I guess the hunt for Osama continues in HL2! lol :D

Yes its a bug... kinda eerie but all in all unimportant since you dont spend much time underwater.

looks like osama, how about using the zoom feature on ur suit to get a better look at it :)

I am not sure WHAT it is, but I have a possible theory as to why it disappears when you are underwater.... Is it possible that the backgrounds underwater are pre-rendered (in other words, they create a set of backgrounds for underwater that are wavy/distored, and a normal set for above water that are not wavy/distorted -- note: this would still require rendering user/nps objects separately, since we can see combine, etc moving around on the surface)? If anyone knows, I would be interested in finding out.

it cant be pre rendered because they have to do a pre rendering in 360 degrees all around from when your underwater and that would be a pain.... it's jsut using some shader effects

How about steering the boat?
You should try just playing with a mouse and keyboard, joysticks/controllers are awful for FPSs.
Sorry, rather unconstructive, I'm just sayin'.

funny, i remember seeing that when i saw the screenshot, but i didnt think anything of it :p

SimonomiS said:
Go to Options -> Keyboard -> Advanced then Enable Fastswitch.
That worked for switching the weapons. Thanks!!

How do I steer the boat with the joystick?

Back