unexpected end of level

twinsen

Reaction score
Right yesterday night i saved my map and sumthing happened while i was watching tv. anyway wen i got back up my pc had restarted itself. wen i got back into hammer and tried to load my map it said error unexpected end of file (or level sumthing like tht anyway).
Just incase any1 else has this error and dusnt know what to do here is the solution. I decided to take a look at the file slum3 in my case in notepad. I dont know but this looks very much like a vrml file to me. anyway if you scan down to the very bottom it shud have an end statement. The problem on mine was tht the file saving must have been interupted by sumthing. and had shut down while writing the file to the hardisk. To fix this you must delete the last section until the previous bit which has editor tags. then you need to copy the end statement from another vmf file and paste it on the end. Then save as a different file nave in my case slum5.vmf. Go into hammer and load it up. You might lose some of the recent work you have done but you wont lose the whole file.:farmer:

yer fixed b4 i posted just thought might b useful for other ppl in same situ.:D

Write this up as a tutorial and put it on a few sites. I am sure alot of people won't be able to/won't look through pages of forum posts to look for something like this that may not even exist.

...Writing it up as a tutorial would be a little bit extreme, as it's been "discovered," say, a few hundred times already.

Back