Universal Ipod Chargers?

SidewinderX

Reaction score
Hey guys,

I'm going to Italy later this month, and I'm planning on bringing my Ipod with me. However, I imagine one charge won't last me the entire trip. And I've lost the charger that is came with.

So I'm looking to buy an AC adapter for my Ipod, one that works in both the US and Europe. I don't mind buying a plug adapter if I need too, but the actual AC adapter needs to handle 110V-240V so I can use it in europe.

So what do ya'll suggest? (And I'm not going to order that capdase one... I don't want to have to deal with ordering it from Hong Kong)

THANKS GUYS!

well you could just buy a new ipod charger, they run for $40 canadain here. its rated for around the world and all you would need is the plug adapter.

iPod chargers are insanely expensive. They tried to charge me S$69 for a set of six AC adaptors and I found one at the store next door for $3.50.

I bought a Belkin battery pack for my Ipod when I drove across the U.S. It cost in the neighborhood of 20 dollars. It takes four AA batteries and lasts for a long time (30 hours maybe). It has a power switch and two suction cups on the back. It plugs into the bottom of the Ipod and sticks to the back of it. It's a little cumbersome though, so I wouldn't recomend it for jogging. It's a great thing to have though when you have battery concerns.

jellyworld, where did you find an ac charger for 3.50?

And does it look like my best bet is to get another apple charger for $29 from the apple store?

I went on a cruise that departed from Italy last year, and my Ipod's charger was perfectly compatible. I wouldn't worry about it.

Back