Unlocking Half-Life 2... sounds dodgy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Neutrino said:
It's not real. I can't believe anyone would fall for this.

It really does work. I've been talking with the other guys who did it as well. No one will post screens because they don't want to get banned. *shrug* If you think its a virus, fine, wait the 8 days. If you want to play HL2 right now and you can't wait 8 days, then download it.

razorblade kiss said:
It really does work. I've been talking with the other guys who did it as well. No one will post screens because they don't want to get banned. *shrug* If you think its a virus, fine, wait the 8 days. If you want to play HL2 right now and you can't wait 8 days, then download it.
Banned from what?

Pff, don't gimme that crap.

silverstealth89 said:
i didnt even finish reading your comment and i already wanna scream FORGET ABOUT IT. it doesn't work the game aint out yet.

Adam you really gotta start learning to read and read the whole thread isntead of just spamming random shit lol.

You never know, Id say its fake but, its a fairly good warning and everyone should be aware that its most likely going to do more harm than good.

Guys, you got to rember, Suprnova is not responsible for the stuff on its site, it just hosts torrents, you can upload any of your torrents if you want, all someone has to do is rename a virus and make a torrent and upload it, it has nothing to do with the staff of Suprnova.

Even if it did unlock your specific HL2 just specially for you it can't unlock the Steam servers under Valve's supervision sat right in their offices.

Daiceman9 said:
Guys, you got to rember, Suprnova is not responsible for the stuff on its site, it just hosts torrents, you can upload any of your torrents if you want, all someone has to do is rename a virus and make a torrent and upload it, it has nothing to do with the staff of Suprnova.
Oh...

Argh now I fear it even more! :p

Chiefi said:
Why doesn't a mod delete this thread?
Because then some other new member fool will start another thread on it.

why can't people just NOT do illegal shit? i mean, looking for a legit crack? omg wait 1 damn week!

Well even if i did have HL2 pre-ordered i would'nt even think about downloading that just to see if it really does work.

The reason i don't trust anything related to CD-keys etc...is because when i first got a PC and heard about CS by a mate i got a copy of HL from another mate and downloaded a CD-key generator from kazaa...and oh guess what?..well it didn't work thats for sure :p Kazaa is the devil. (i have actually got a legal HL btw)

vegeta897 said:
Banned from what?

Pff, don't gimme that crap.

lol. Just tryin to get some idiotic fanboys all riled up (you know who you are) :LOL: Ofcourse it doesnt work!! It's not real. HL2 wont be unlocked until Steam is running hl2.executables! So wut is this hack supposed to initialize with? STEAB?! No no. It doesnt work. DOn't get your hopes up, dont try, don't even be curious. It's fake. Just someone trying to get everybody all up in a rage of fury. 8 Days. Wait.

Someone close this thread, It's not helping matters.

It's become apparent that this 'Crack' is dragging the weak on board (pirate ship) and spitting them out with their pockets turned inside out.

Rocketman9mm said:
why can't people just NOT do illegal shit? i mean, looking for a legit crack? omg wait 1 damn week!

I know, seriously. They just can't take the suspense...

I'm going to wait it out. I actually have real things to do. School, work on projects, talk to friends, make HL2/CS:Source maps, etc, etc...

lol if you know what I mean...

razorblade kiss said:

I didn't say it was a virus, I said it won't work.

And let me guess, it asks for your user name and password right? If anyone gives their username/pass to a third party program they deserve whatever they get.

Probably VALVe trying to pull something on those hackers.

I feel sorry for the more impressionable members on these forums. If I were them, I wouldn't listen to any idiots who say that whatever crack they find works. Because it DOESN'T. You'll end up alot worse then before. People will be MUCH better off not downloading whatever "cracks" out there and waiting for HL2.

silverstealth89 said:
you wont be able to steal HL2 VALVe spent like half a year on security
ROFLMFAO COUNTER STRIKE SOURCE WAS CRACKED THE DAY IT CAME OUT AND YOUR TELLING ME THAT HALF LIFE 2 WONT BE CRACKED ROFL ROFL :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

I reckon its a trojan, but not for any reasons stated above, its because your account needs to have HL2 preordered for it to work. and theres no reason they wouldnt be able to unlock the same information if you HAVENT preordered.
They just want to steal accounts that are going to have HL2 on them

fantasiser said:
I reckon its a trojan, but not for any reasons stated above, its because your account needs to have HL2 preordered for it to work. and theres no reason they wouldnt be able to unlock the same information if you HAVENT preordered.
They just want to steal accounts that are going to have HL2 on them
Didn't it say in the first post that you need preload 7 and to have HL2 fully preordered for it to work

its a trojan. so go right ahead and unlock your hl2 kids. hurry. then when hl2 comes out and you wanna play you wont be able to cuz someone will have changed your password by then

You see if it did work on the first page of this 5 page thread there would be pics and omfg it does work. Like what happened with last years leak...

Amazing how none of that has been done.

I have checked on the Suprnova forums and yes it is just a ploy to get peoples Steam UN/PW.

Lock the thread :)

MaxiKana said:
That's most definately fake.

it doesn't matter if its fake, does it? i mean if Valve catches a person doing that, nevermind getting banned from online play..i'd imagine legal action would be the next step.

why lock the thread we can still talk about it - i hate when mods lock threads just cuz they are false, just change the name to "false <original name> false"

Dr. Freeman said:
it doesn't matter if its fake, does it? i mean if Valve catches a person doing that, nevermind getting banned from online play..i'd imagine legal action would be the next step.
well there is kind of the thousands of warezed copies of counter strike source that are kinda being played right now and valve really can't do jack about it except change the way steam works but its been several weeks and they are yet to try to stop this

I agree why close the thread because a few people completely confuse/misinterpret the entire post and say it's real. Anyway... it's a warning, maybe there's a better way to tell newbies that it's a fake instead of being blind to the fact that these things exist.

Solver said:
It is not a virus. It simply takes your steam account name and password and sends it to a certain computer.

Isn't that what virus' and trojans do?

Kazuki_Fuse said:
Isn't that what virus' and trojans do?
well yea but trojans take your info without you knowing it this is like "give me you info i wont send it to some ****head thats collecting sn/pw's i promise!"

So what if its real anyway?

Ure not actually playing the full game but 97% of it downloaded.

Im sure VALVE is keeping the other 3% and its crucial to the gameplay i bet.

So yeah....

Well it was pretty obvious it wasn't real but with the release of the final preloads it's easy for people to get taken in, but like you say I really doubt valve would upload the code until the last minute. Out of interest does anyone know how many more preloads we're expecting and what that last 'unlock' update will be - will it be a simple unlock/steam verification or code to make the game run?

I fell for this and it formatted my hard drive and stole my television.

Oh and stay out of chatrooms too. The internet is full of perverts you know. Plus if you can help it, don't give away you name address and bank pin.

Or you could use common sense.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back