Unreal Tournament 3 to be PS3 exclusive

I heard the ps3 version will support mouse and keyboard via the USB ports. I hope they do the same for the 360, but i doubt it.

Agreed. I certaonly wouldn't buy UT, or any other twtich shooter, on a console. Who here tried Q3 on the DC? ergh

I'm a big console fps fan and actually prefer playing many fps with a pad, but not something like this.

You can use a keyboard and mouse on the DC, UT and Q3 played just as good as the PC versions.

I heard the ps3 version will support mouse and keyboard via the USB ports. I hope they do the same for the 360, but i doubt it.

I'm pretty sure a 3rd party manufacturer is developing a "joyfrag" for the 360.

Hmmm does this give me a reason to get a PS3 instead of a wii?

You can use a keyboard and mouse on the DC, UT and Q3 played just as good as the PC versions.

I never got round to trying it - was playing Q3 on the pc. My point was that twitch shooters don't work too well with a pad.

It'd be quite exciting if we could play UT on the PS3 with a m&k without the need of a shite 3rd party joypad converter, otherwise I couldn't care less.

idk if they should have mouse/keyboard support for fps's on the ps3 ... it would uneven the playing field so much ... meh oh well easier for me 2 own

I've plugged my keyboard into my 360.. I used it to type in FF11(Played for a whole 5 minutes!) It works okay.

Acepilotf14, I am fairly certain Microsoft doesnt allow games to use keyboard+mouse for control though, except cases like FFXI.
Not 100%, but as I said, fairly certain this is a fact.

I seen the xbox 360 unreal tourny 3 box at gamestop yesterday... dunno if that means anything

I doubt Microsoft actively blocks third parties from using keyboards/mice to play games, but I wouldn't put it past them. "No, no, no ... that won't do - you have to buy our special proprietary $70 keyboard and $50 mouse that won't work on anything else."

But consoles have used keyboards/mice since Dreamcast (maybe even earlier?). The PS2 had it too, so of course the PS3 does as well. It's just a matter of whether the developers choose to incorporate it or not. Personally, I think it's a bad idea unless the people who use it can be clearly identified online and possibly filtered from joining your server (or vice versa as well).

IIRC:

The Super Nintendo was the first console to use a mouse (with Mario Paint.) The Nintendo Gameboy was the first game system to use a camera peripheral.

SEGA Dreamcast was the first console game system to use a keyboard (since it had a built in dial-up internet modem.)

All of these systems used only proprietary devices created by the manufacturer for the peripherals. You could only get a SEGA brand keyboard (it was cheap and was free as part of some promotions however). The SNES mouse was Nintendo branded, etc. This was common back then. Every game system had unique controller ports for starters.

I'm glad those days are all but over with the massive adoption of the Universal Serial Bus (USB).

Now we almost always have a choice of 1st party/3rd party/generic peripherals regardless of the type of connector used. Some exceptions I've noticed so far include (but aren't limited to): 360 hard drive/HD DVD optical drive, Sony Magic Gate (memory cards), Nintendo Wii controllers?

Back