Upcoming films

Reginald

Reaction score
I propose this should be a sticky. That way we can all post about upcoming films rather than making a new thread every time. But it's up to whoever mods this place.

Anyhow, Starship Troopers 3

Link: http://www.moviehole.net/news/20060531_sony_debugs_starship_troopers.html

The film will have even more of a connection to the first film though, with some cast members from the original film returning to the fold for “Troopers 3”.

Anything will be better than two, so no worries from me.

Starship Troopers 3 reminded me of Mortal Kombat: Devastation because it's another franchise where the third movie is considered to be the official sequel to the original.

Link: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mortal_Kombat:_Devastation

Mortal Kombat: Devastation is the third installment in the movie franchise based on the Mortal Kombat fighting game series. Filming supposedly began in May 2005, and the movie itself is set to be released in 2007.

Essentially skipping over the events of the second movie, Devastation reunites the cast of the original (Christopher Lambert as Raiden, Linden Ashby as Johnny Cage, Robin Shou as Liu Kang, Chris Casamassa as Scorpion with Talisa Soto and Sandra Hess in talks to reprise their roles as Kitana and Sonya Blade, respectively) with the remaining parts currently being cast.

I didn't think that the original movie was bad at all. Like the original Starship Troopers it was one of those movies that oozes cheese, but in a good way. The MK sequel took itself too seriously and was not of the same flavour as the original. If done right, this next one could actually be good.

Superman Returns skips over the events of Superman 3 and 4 and carries on from 2. Quite a few film francshises do it.

It's pointless. This'll just turn into the videos thread were everyone is posting stuff that was already posted on page 2.

Argh.

That is all.

(In reference to another non-Heinlein starship troopers, of course.)

Superman and....

Superman

Oh, and that Chapter 27 movie about Mark David Chapman

Theres a new fantasy dragon movie coming out called eragon. Its a kids movie but my brother works at Weta studios in NZ and they are doing the CG for it so it should be ****ing ausome. Hopefully. They have a pretty good track record wouldn't you say. If you wanna check it out its on IMDB atm.

StardogChampion said:
It's pointless. This'll just turn into the videos thread were everyone is posting stuff that was already posted on page 2.

Actually, very true. But it would make me feel less guilty about giving a whole new thread for a film. :hmph:

Supposedly, Verhoven made the movie like that as a satire of Heinlein's Starship Troopers since it was incredibly fascist and a lot of people still don't know if it was to make a point or he actually believed in the things he wrote in ST.

D:

I might just go and see Harry Hill in: "Watching Paint Dry". Or maybe even Jimmy Carr in: "This Field is Growing Turnips".

Reginald said:
I propose this should be a sticky. That way we can all post about upcoming films rather than making a new thread every time. But it's up to whoever mods this place.

Anyhow, Starship Troopers 3

Link: http://www.moviehole.net/news/20060531_sony_debugs_starship_troopers.html

Anything will be better than two, so no worries from me.

I would just hope that the films style stays faithful the first film.

Starship Troopers 2 just stunk balls

Reginald said:
Superman Returns skips over the events of Superman 3 and 4 and carries on from 2. Quite a few film francshises do it.

Indiana Jones! 2nd before first!

Rizzo89 said:
Indiana Jones! 2nd before first!

I knew the Temple of Doom was supposed to be before Lost Ark, as a matter of fact I always thought ToD was filmed before Lost Ark.

But according to IMdb:

Lost Ark: 1981
ToD: 1984

DEATH eVADER said:
I knew the Temple of Doom was supposed to be before Lost Ark, as a matter of fact I always thought ToD was filmed before Lost Ark.

But according to IMdb:

Lost Ark: 1981
ToD: 1984

Funny how they're still 23 and 24 in the franchise respectively.

Back