Update 07/05/05

^Ben

Reaction score
We're planning on releasing de_port and de_inferno next week. Along with the two new maps, we'll be releasing an updated version of the current CT model. There is a screenshot below of the new CT in the Source version of Inferno.

de_inferno_small.jpg

We'll also be showing off some products at this year's Electronic Entertainment Expo. Half-Life 2 Xbox will be shown in the Xbox area of Microsoft’s booth. Meanwhile Half-Life 2: Lost Coast, which is the new, single-player level created to introduce High-Dynamic Range (HDR) lighting to the Source engine, is slated to appear in the Games for Windows area at the show.

Very nice indeedy.

I was just about to post this....

Ahhh good, i'd prefer if they'd get their act together and release all 6. I mean its been out prior to 16th of november, just a few models honestly! :rolleyes:

edit: that model does look good though...

Very nice screenshot. Alot different then it looks like in 1.5. :)

You would mean 5/6/05 according to valve and I thought you had to do 6.5.05 if you wanted to do month first in euro.

I'm doing UK style time notation.

So it's the 7th at the moment.

What the **** is so hard for them to implement INGAME model selection like in regular CS?
-_-

xlucidx said:
What the **** is so hard for them to implement INGAME model selection like in regular CS?
-_-

They like watching people like you whine and cry about it.

More than anything I would like to see team specific hand models. I mean, the CTs are wearing gloves and have long sleeve suits, yet the hand models are that from the Terrorists, bare arm with those little black glove things. But yeah, I would like to see that more than anything (in terms of visual enhancement).

And another thing, is this in the Weekly News annoucement form? I have restarted Steam and see no such announcement.

I just want to know... where is TEAM FORTRESS 2 on that list of things showing at E3???

If they dont show TF2 at all... I will go crazy.

what are you talking about? TF2 has been released, they made a secret launch seven weeks ago. i'm surprised the info did not make it's way here yet. the fact is that TF2 is a subscription game, and not a FPS at all it's a team-based action rpg in which you spend a good part raising your levels. the setting is similar to WoW and has nothing to do with what we were shown six years ago. they clearly jumped on the bandwagon when they saw WoW own everything sales-wise. it's currently for ps2 and a pc port is in development.

Nice stuff they got! :) I don't have a lot of time to play CS though.

Wesisapie said:
I just want to know... where is TEAM FORTRESS 2 on that list of things showing at E3???

If they dont show TF2 at all... I will go crazy.
Duke Nukem Forever, Team Fortress 2, Duke Nukem Forever, Team Fortress 2, Duke Nukem Forever, Team Fortress 2.

Both those games have something in common. :frog:

trizzm said:
what are you talking about? TF2 has been released, they made a secret launch seven weeks ago. i'm surprised the info did not make it's way here yet. the fact is that TF2 is a subscription game, and not a FPS at all it's a team-based action rpg in which you spend a good part raising your levels. the setting is similar to WoW and has nothing to do with what we were shown six years ago. they clearly jumped on the bandwagon when they saw WoW own everything sales-wise. it's currently for ps2 and a pc port is in development.
No they're developing both at the same time. Valve are a PC developer first and foremost.

But the leaked screenshots looked pretty amazing, I can't wait till the game can be fully revealed. I was a bit hostile of the whole "get to level 120 before you can use weapon" mechanic but looks like Valve might pull this off. Orchs rock!

I can't see this update in my steam client, and there doesn't seem to be anything on their webpage.

CrazyHarij said:
I can't see this update in my steam client, and there doesn't seem to be anything on their webpage.

Are you sure? Everybody else has gotten it.

jimbo118 said:
how about a new t model?
They have one. They just need to put it into the game. I really think that the update they are going to put him in, is coming up soon.
Terror.jpg

Marx! II said:
Yeah. Give that guy a chance.
lol yeah it looks good, i wish they'd give the ts those 'cape' like balaclavas with the bit at the back that hangs loose.

lordoftheroot said:
They have one. They just need to put it into the game. I really think that the update they are going to put him in, is coming up soon.
Terror.jpg
It kind of makes you wonder how many other things are finished at Valve but don't get released for whatever reason. That model has been in the gcf for over a month and still not released.

lordoftheroot said:
I think i might make this my Spray, in a sort of protest for VAVLe to put the new T model in to CSS. If you agree with me, you are free to download the pic and use it for your spary, too. Maybe then, they will notice that we want this model in the game.

Back