Updated transparent countdown - get it!

InvaderScooge

Reaction score
Okay, You can't edit attachments so I started a new thread so people who already downloaded it can see it. I modified it some so you can customize what is says or even which game it is counting down for (We can set it to a good MP mod release date after the 16th).

[edit] Right click to bring up menu

Features:
Choose from three different sizes.
Choose the font color.
Choose the opacity of the window (see what is underneath)
Choose the text it displays for the game.
Choose the text it displays for the phrase at the bottom
Choose what text it will show when the timer hits zero
Choose what the release date is.

All settings are saved to the registry.

Once again you need the .NET framework 1.1 from Microsoft.

I choose me!! Zim shall lead!! :devil:

Attachments

• HL2Countdown.zip
    18.7 KB · Views: 142
nice, is there a way to change the time of release for different timezone chaps?

This is really cool! Much better than those desktop backgrounds with a counter!

Sample pictures

I attached an image with a few sample shoots of it.

Well, I found two bugs that I didn't get at home when I uploaded it last night.

Bug 1: If when you first launch it it has no text below the countdown exit the application and go to the registry key "HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\ZimSoft\HL2Countdown" and add a string value called "Phrase" and set it to whatever you want it to say below the countdown and then launch the tool again. This will fix that bug from now on.

Bug 2: The other bug has to do with the settings window. At work I can't get it to update the text at the bottom from the settings page. Again you can edit it in the registry listed above. I will fix these issues tonight and upload an updated version.

nutcrackr, I will see about letting you pick the timezone the application runs under while I fix the bottom text bug.

YOU NEED THE .NET FRAMEWORK 1.1 FROM MS!!! Stop posting saying it crashes on launch if you don't have that installed.

Back