Updating HL2

Demolition

Reaction score
I've had Half Life 2 for the longest time. I acsually pre-ordered it before it's release. Well when I ordered it I lived in an area with DSL and Cable. I had DSL. Now my family moved outside of town where no high-speed internet in sight. Acsually DSL stoped 20 yards before my house and they cannot extend it. Well anyways my Half Life 2 needs updated i guess? SO I went to my friends house down the road. Brought my computer and what not and downloaded the updateds. Worked for about two days straight. Played it and didn't have a problem. The next day I go to play it again it said download paused. I was confused so I tried to launch half life and it said half life is updating would you like to launch after update. I dont know about you guys but it takes about 4 straight days of updating on Dial Up internet for it to make a dent in the process. So I figured I wouldn't update it and mabye it would play so I went to half life 2 properties and put "Do Not Update This Program" problem solved...so I thought. Now when I click on Half Life 2 it sits and loads for a few and then it says Steam cannot process this BLAH BLAH server is too busy. Try back in a few minutes. Well I waited an hour and tried ti and nothing happened! Waited an entire day and nothing happened...now could someone tell me if I should complete the download to resolve this problem. Or is there a way around it.

I would apprecite it

Complete the download, then select the "Do Not Update This Program" option. Bear in mind, Steam might still require you to log in online in a few weeks, to check for a possible patch.

yeah well i'm sure a patch will be found and it will take me 49 hours to upload. it's been 2 nights and it's done 11%

I use to play BF2 before I moved out where no DSL was haha i use to play almost every online shooter available at the time...i was a true FPS fan

Back