Useful Info

I remember reading in one of the more recent interviews ( i think it was one with doug) that both the manipulator and the tractor beam will be in the game. I also remember him saying it was gonna be a seperate weapon..... hmmm or maybe it was gabe who said that. I just remember reading that.

Originally posted by Flyingdebris
um, actually gabe said the bullets will be instant. They are hitscans and thus travel instantly. The only reason halflife 1 and 2 looks like it has bullets with velocity is because the tracers are meant to give that illusion. But the fact remians that they are instant and have no arch
But can you make them arc and have velocity in a user-created mod?

of course,but much more realistic with this physics engine integrated into it

Originally posted by FatCombine
But can you make them arc and have velocity in a user-created mod?

Yeah, that whats i think Gabe said.
I think its another "It's a design decision, not a techinical limitation"

I wonder if we can shoot powerlines down. Imagine a squad of Combine soldiers standing in a group, for example in the City 17 square (see pic: http://www.planethalflife.com/screenshot.asp?src=/half-life2/screenshots/22.jpg), and from afar you pop a bullet into a power line hung right above them. and it swings down, with sparks spewing everywhere. This probably would do little to no damage to them, but it would send them in a state of dissaray. Then you could storm them and take them down in their confusion.

Originally posted by Gordon'sFreeman
Gibs suck, they just... suck! ive never liked gibs, i mean, who blows up into smalls peices being hit by a crowbar (not saying it aint fun but...) or a laser, its CRAP. gimme a gren blowing up with 4 people ragdolling in the air.
if the gibs are gay in HL2 im gonna make a MOD to take them out muahah!

hehe :D

Like in the Barricades vid...i agree looks way better.

Didn't someone say that the hitboxes are modified hitboxes so bullets could pass say between arm and torso or between legs?
I'm sure it was in another thread.

which weapon is the traktor beam that will not be in the release? is that the one with the laser thingy that drags objects?

"Half-Life 2 will work best on PC"

Well, I suppose I believe that, although on my computer HL 2 will bring my computer to its knees and eat it....

is the tractor beam the weapon that was in the tech demo? The one that had a blue beam? I was under the impression it was just an older version of the manipulator

Originally posted by Pol
which weapon is the traktor beam that will not be in the release? is that the one with the laser thingy that drags objects?

"Tractor beam" = Older/different version of the manipulator with the blue beam, won't be in the game.

One manipulator was created for the demo only, while the other was created for the game, i have read this along time ago in the info from valve only thread. It could have been fake but it does make sense, but you may get the option to use the manipulater like the one in the tech demo as an upgrade feature as the guy prevoiusly said but the upgrade is ment to be so you can pick heavier objects which i also read in the valve only thread.

:afro:

some things are false...but still nice try

Back