Using textures from CS:S in HL2:DM?

C

ComputerSlayer

I have a map I started a while back that I originally designed for CS:S. I don't really play CS:S that much anymore, so I'm porting it over for HL2:DM and planning to finish it up.

Some of the models don't carry over, which isn't a big deal since I was expecting that. However, some of the textures found in CS:S aren't found in HL2:DM.

So, is there a way to grab these textures and import them? I spent several days working on texturing and I wouldn't want to have to redo all that work.

Here are the materials that are listed missing when I build the map:
Code:
material "cs_havana/tunnelplaster03" not found
material "wood/offdesktop" not found
material "de_piranesi/pi_wood4" not found
material "de_chateau/wall04pnl01" not found
material "de_piranesi/marblefloor08" not found
material "cs_havana/pllra" not found
material "models/props/cs_office/light_inset" not found
Material not found!: MODELS/PROPS/CS_OFFICE/LIGHT_INSET

There is and it's illegal. :( Unfortunatley.

To get those textures there you will need to get GCFScape and get the appropriate textures out of the Counter-Strike Source.gcf file and then add those as custom textures to HL2DM.

Then if you wish to give this map to someone else then you will have to send those textures along with the map and thats where you break the law. By doing that you make CSS materials avalible to people who own HL2DM but might not own CSS and then means you just violated VALVe copyrights.

So, possible? Hell yeah. Now you just have to decide wether you think VALVe is going to sue you for doing so or if you think you can get away with it...

aren't the .gcf's shared between DM and CS? because you can use HL2 textures in booth.

-dodo

Both HL2DM and CSS read the HL2 gcf files and can use anything in there. Anything DM specific can't be used in CSS and vice versa.

Back