UVW mapping tutorial

Reaction score
i will be making a VIDEO (OMG YES A UVW MAPPING VIDEO) in 3ds max 7 using the max 7 map editor. any how i was wondering if any one could host it it might be up to 40 megs in size. i dunno how long it will be but i hope to have it recorded this weekend so please if anyone could host it, im going to make it in camtasia studio, and the model i will most likely be uvw mapping is an ak47! THERE WILL BE VOICE!!!

omg yes a uvw mapping video ! ! :d

Try submitting it to somewhere like FileFront and FilePlanet....

HL2 files might be able to host it. They have a lot of similar video tutorials on the site.

I can help you with the hosting, no problem there, no limit on bandwidth, space, etc...

Let me know.

i made a whole video about 2 / 3 weeks ago unwraping a P90, but it's 189 MB rarred :/
if anyone has a host for it i would be willing to upload it ;o
it's about 3 hours in total

well, i made a small UV unwrap tutorial, and uploaded it here:
(thanks to Zareh for the FTP)

http://hl2.scrapdump.com/simon/unwrap_tutorial.by.Simon.rar

It's 9MB rarred. It was a bit slower working then i usually do, since i had to only use one monitor and i made 3DSmax window smaller so the resolution wouldn't be TO big ;) (i normally work in dual view, but that would be pushing it ;p )

This doesn't mean redhollowpoint doesn't need to post his video, it's always nice to see other people's techniques.

Hope you like it, and if you have questions, i'll be happy to awnser them.

Ankalar already made one.
But bleh don't care to post the url yet.

They say a picture is worth a thousand words, well a movie is worth a whole chapter :)

Things make so much more sense now... good job!

redhollowpoint I've sent you a PM as well.

st0lve said:
Ankalar already made one.
But bleh don't care to post the url yet.

But Ank uses a wierd method that, in many people opinions, is outdated since Max got better (not good... just better) unwrapping tools.

Back