v8 out today

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well then, let's just see what happens.

Who's up for a quick round of Garry's Mod.

Class :)

Just another distraction that'll stop me from doing my work! :flame:

The site's down. I think that means it is pretty much having a boot kicked up it's ass on the doorstep. It's almost out! :D All the fanboys on the forum are getting so excited...it's scary. They will be so annoyed thast the forum is down too... hehe. :bounce:

That's not to say I am not excited too. I am as much fanboy as the rest of one. Today marks the start of my fifth version and sixth month of Gmod. :D

On the other thread where they were asking how many days do you think it will be until garrysmodv8 is released. I said 11 days. and today is the 11th day. I must be psychic. I'll just have to wait and see what the size of the download will be. I gussed 6.23Mbs

OmegaX said:
On the other thread where they were asking how many days do you think it will be until garrysmodv8 is released. I said 11 days. and today is the 11th day. I must be psychic. I'll just have to wait and see what the size of the download will be. I gussed 6.23Mbs

4Mb apparently. It's been uploading for about two hours now though :flame:

Message on the Gmod forums:

Oh shit!

- TEAM GARRY

Woot I was just going to look at ratings for my comic I made yesterday when I saw this. Please be version 8

EDIT- In the gmod chatroom (irc.gamesurge.net channel #gmod) it says current version 8. WOOT!!

Go to the garry's mod website now. It says Prank'd In big red letters.

lmao go to the garry's mod page now.

I hope that's not true :( :LOL:

EDIT: Damn you Omega! ;)

OmegaX said:
Go to the garry's mod website now. It says Prank'd In big red letters.

I'm praying to God that it's a joke (the Prank'd I mean, not the release)

I didn't think it was possible, but this both sucks AND blows. :p

....aaaaand now the site says SOON in bold red letters. Make up your mind Garry!!!!

OmegaX said:
Now it says eight

I wonder if that's an hour by hour count down, or something to do with the fact that that's the version number being released. I'm praying for the latter.

I think it's more along the lines of eight o clock. (GMT) That's an hour and 40 minutes away. I'll be back then :D

JiMmEh said:
I think it's more along the lines of eight o clock. (GMT) That's an hour and 40 minutes away. I'll be back then :D

If you are right, I will make you a nice big ragdoll cookie on v8 :)

Someone posted this IRC log in the forums before they went down once again:
[13:33:00] <@garry> Ok here's what's happening
[13:33:05] <@garry> The beta test has gone well
[13:33:09] <@garry> we found a few bugs
[13:33:11] <@garry> which I've fixed
[13:33:16] <@garry> the next beta has been released
[13:33:24] <@garry> if that comes back clean I'll make an installer and upload it
[13:33:32] <@garry> if not it will be another cycle
[13:33:46] <@garry> so if all goes well it should be out within 2 hours
EDIT: Now the forums just say "Within 2 hours. Stop refreshing the site! - TEAM GARRY"

Quickly everyone, catch the greased up deaf guy!

*sighs* How many episodes of Family Guy can I watch before it comes out? 6? :D

LOL what was the need to jus have a huge EIGHT on the screen

VALVe has shown him the dark ways of delay and hypebuilding.

WOOOOH OH MY GOD!!! OH MY GOSH!!! WOOOOH ARGH!! JESUS DAMN WEEHAW!!!! OOOOOOOOOOOH!!!!!!!! :bounce:

EIGHT could mean anything days hours how many megs itll be they amount of ulscers he is giving us

jmjneary said:
EIGHT could mean anything days hours how many megs itll be they amount of ulscers he is giving us

Or the fact its version 8?

um...so wot new things will v8 hav in then? i no some like duplicate ragdolls the same pose but wot else?

oh, and were and how do u get ur own avatars? gman is creepy..

is no 1 talkin 2 me coz im a noob on here?

UserCP -> Edit Avatar -> Custom Avatar -> "Enter Avatar URL" or "Upload an Avatar From Your Computer"

Nobody is ignoring you because you are a noob :)

rynopurge said:
um...so wot new things will v8 hav in then? i no some like duplicate ragdolls the same pose but wot else?

New netcode (hl2dm less laggy multiplayer), duplicator, material overlay (makes your screen have the material over it), bloom effects, new menu, make things bounce around, so much.

New avatar click on user cp then edit avatar.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back