Valve and HL2 own me.

DimitriPopov

Reaction score
Well , thanks to Valve and HL2 I get to somehow sell my brand friggin new FX5900U 256 to get a Radeon 9800P 128-256. Fan friggin tastic. Im glad I got so screwed , I gotta tell you it feels great. Especially when Gabe is ATIs btch. Ill wait for the 50 drivers and the Benchmark , but I have a good feeling I will somehow be procuring myself a 9800.

its just a game man, no need to waste money on another vid card when u already have a good one, just maybe not for this game

I fail to see why this is Valve's fault.

Valve have a deal with ATi because Valve saw that ATi performed better in the early benchmarks.

You'll still be able to play Half-Life 2 with great settings.

aww cry poor baby. Valve did everything they could to make DX9 on nvidia not suck but they weren't successfull.

Remember you are the dumbass that bought a $400 unproven DX9 card. goodjob.

You're a complete idiot if you would sell away a good vid card like that for one game

Originally posted by FAK3R
You're a complete idiot if you would sell away a good vid card like that for one game

Why not? Id only do it if I could completely cover cost. Itd be a no-loss situation. But this brings me to another point , these boards suck. everyone is mean and hateful. The only person here I respect and like is Bass. One person Id like to shoot in the face is Slash.

PS- Im most likely going to keep it and then just complain about my shitty frame rates (IRL - I thin Nvidia will at lesat somewhate fix the problem as HL2 is a big market and reputation maker)

Just sell it on eBay. People are paying more there than you can get 'em off pricewatch :rolleyes:

Originally posted by TechnoHippyChic
Just sell it on eBay. People are paying more there than you can get 'em off pricewatch :rolleyes:

yeah thats what I was thinking in my neverexecuteplan.

There are people on all boards that are real assholes. The trick is to not give a shit what they think, cuz they're obviously worthless, and concentrate on people that have constructive input.

Seriously everyone is an asshole here and won't let you talk at all because they've discussed it before. Well just don't read those posts or contribute some information that you learned when you last discussed it you stupid little kids.

Originally posted by DimitriPopov
Why not? Id only do it if I could completely cover cost. Itd be a no-loss situation. But this brings me to another point , these boards suck. everyone is mean and hateful. The only person here I respect and like is Bass. One person Id like to shoot in the face is Slash.

I could not agree with you more. This forum is populated by the largest group of assholes I've ever encountered on the internet. I'd probably find more cordial greeting on a Neo Nazi message board.

I think your decision is right on the money...literally. If you've got the dough, why not switch? You realize that from recent news that NVIDIA performance with DX9 sucks, and ATI is obviously the wiser choice. I'm just glad I waited until all the HL-2 hoopla to figure out which card was best; then again, I was stuck with a Geforce 3 Ti 200 for about two years.

I think you should wait until the 9800 XT comes out first, so you can read reviews of it, determine if its really worth the extra dough compared to the 9800 Pro 128, and then decide. Plus, the other 9800 cards are likely to go down in price once the XT is released.

Congrats on deciding ATI, they're the best right now.

when did you get the FX? i was about to buy a vid card when HL2 was announced, and was already leaning toward the 9800. i thought that even early benchmarks of the 9800 showed it was better when AA and AF were enabled? as long as the card is a dx9 then it should be fine. like you said nvidia will no doubt relese a patch for better framerates.

Originally posted by Tredoslop
Just a thought- Dimitri, are you Russian?

Nah , I just read Rainbow Six the book. Dimitri is an Ex-KGB who is almost destroys the world and then saves it. Great book.

I got the computer in early summer.

If you're gonna do it, better be quick... the extra negative press could devalue them fast...

NSXs own , Acuras though. Honda= boooooo

First off, Honda NSX's in Japan are better than Acuras.

Secondly, Honda is Acura

and Third this isn't a car forum.

Originally posted by DiSTuRbEd
First off, Honda NSX's in Japan are better than Acuras.

Secondly, Honda is Acura

and Third this isn't a car forum.

Acuras are the luxury brand of Honda , made in America I believe. Therefore as a sophistication loving American I like Acura.

Oh wait...Dimitri aint you the idiot from the dod forums and yes of course these forums who doesnt listen to anyones opinions when you ask for them?. I believe your the moron who spent liek $2500 on a system when its actually only worth $1000...

*cry cry* you will be able to play doom 3 with your highly 'cheated/updated driver' picture on a 5900.

PS- Im most likely going to keep it and then just complain about my shitty frame rates (IRL - I thin Nvidia will at lesat somewhate fix the problem as HL2 is a big market and reputation maker)

And here we have the post you should have already seen. Its re-refrenced here for your vewing pleasure. Thnx. BTW- Plz insert both your names where Slash is mentioned :)

why do people keep looking at doom3?!?
its OPENGL people, not DirectX 9!!!

:rolleyes: NVidia produces inferior hardware. You buy it. Then you blame Valve because they're not magicians who could somehow bring the 5900 up to par.

And you wonder why people are being assholes to you.

Originally posted by alco
:rolleyes: NVidia produces inferior hardware. You buy it. Then you blame Valve because they're not magicians who could somehow bring the 5900 up to par.

And you wonder why people are being assholes to you.

The FX5900 is up to par with the 9800 , earlier benchmarks prove so. It just gets owned in DX9 I guess. Anyway , this thread can die. So can these boards rofl. They have basically 0 redeeming value. THe only good thread Ive seen in the past 3 weeks is the new Movie thread.

Originally posted by A2597
why do people keep looking at doom3?!?
its OPENGL people, not DirectX 9!!!

Isn't it OGL 1.3? ...or is it 1.4?

Never really bothered to keep up on the news with it.

Back