VALVe, appease our consumerism. Sell us more stuff.

What HL2 products would you like to see?

• I want a tshirt! (HL2 Logo on black in [u]various sizes[/u])

Votes: 22 6.6%
  • I want a poster!

Votes: 23 6.9%
  • I want figures/toys! (Prefferably through Mcfarlane Toys)

Votes: 30 9.0%
  • I want that plush headcrab, dammit!

Votes: 100 30.0%
  • I want stickers! (to put on your computer case, pet, etc)

Votes: 4 1.2%
  • I want some other crap! (Post & Specify)

Votes: 3 0.9%
  • I want it all!

Votes: 78 23.4%
  • I'm buying a retail copy of HL2, and thats enough for me.

Votes: 73 21.9%

• Total voters

f|uke

Reaction score
First off, Steam rocks, VU sucks, and I hope VALVe kicks the tar out of them in court. As long as VALVe uses the power of Steam in the name of good (savings passed on to the consumer, no monthly charges for purchased multiplayer software that runs on private sector servers), then it is a force for good!

However, for those of us who want to support Steam, something is indeed missing.

I dont feel I need a CD or a booklet, as long as all information contained therein will be made available.

However, I do want something to serve as a constant reminder of my travels as Gordon Freeman.

I would definitly buy all of the crap listed above. What can I say? I'm a fan.

Vote for your favorite, or post a new idea.

w00t for valve, even though they only made 1-2 games so far

Why does everybody feel the need to crap on VU? Yeah, they ain't no saints. But they're certainly one of the better publishers out there. And frankly, I can completely understand why they're so pissed off at Valve.

I want a action figure like the GIJoe's with positionable limbs. Gordon should come with a crowbar and a shotgun perhaps. Maybe we'll see these kind of figurines after the HL movie ;)

if id just spent hundreds of thousands of dollars buying the rights to publish half life 2 then gabe turned round and said "were launching it over steam and preloading 2 months earlier so people dont have to buy a boxed copy btw" id just say bye and go publish another game instead, but i gotta admit i do love steam as it lets us uk gamers get the games the same time as the US :D

Absinthe said:
Why does everybody feel the need to crap on VU? Yeah, they ain't no saints. But they're certainly one of the better publishers out there. And frankly, I can completely understand why they're so pissed off at Valve.
This is the exact same opinion I had with Valve a couple of months back when everyone was crapping on them.

Valve has taken enough flak from the community while Vivendi probably had at least something to do with alot of problems in the past, now its Vivendis turn to take some flak.

Cuddly headcrab/Gordon action figure would make me toot on my m4a1 flute

Absinthe said:
It's just like with M$, lot's of people complain about them.. M$ sucks man!... But they don't really know how and why and even if they really have anything to complain about, usually when the shit really hits the fan it's the human factor.

I want it all, all for me and all for my bedroom, stickers for my posts on my beds (lol), posters for my walls, toys to kill the G-man with and a t-shirt to club with at liquid nightclub!

Oh and i would also like a special Half Life slush puppy drink made so i can suck all the Half life glory through a straw and into my greedy stomach. :cheers:

Black Mesa corp said:
Oh and i would also like a special Half Life slush puppy drink made so i can suck all the Half life glory through a straw and into my greedy stomach. :cheers:
:LOL: too funny!
Actually that sounds pretty tasty! :D

Gotta have the plush headcrab. I'd pay big for one of them, and I'd certainly get the CE if all that you got was the headcrab and the game.

Black Mesa corp said:
...and a t-shirt to club with at liquid nightclub!
Isn't lambda some kind of gay community sign or something?
Maybe I shouldn't have told you :LOL:

Don't be mad because I assumed that you were straight if you're not. To each his own.... just as long as I don't have to watch ;)

geowa said:
if id just spent hundreds of thousands of dollars buying the rights to publish half life 2

i think doug lombardi just said in the recent gamespot interview that valve completely funded HL2

I want them all, toys, posters, t-shirt and ..etc

We should send valve and e-mail with a bunch of names on it saying that we want the m to sell us the fuzzy stuffed head-crabs and the collectable marine action figures with the kung-fu grip, and also the gordon bed sheet set( so u know that his crowbar will protect you from the vortagaunts when you go to sleep)

halflifeguy said:
We should send valve and e-mail with a bunch of names on it saying that we want the m to sell us the fuzzy stuffed head-crabs and the collectable marine action figures with the kung-fu grip, and also the gordon bed sheet set( so u know that his crowbar will protect you from the vortagaunts when you go to sleep)
You're a funny guy :)

Oh... and sign me up for one of them bed sheets.

Half-life 2 is being relased on steam 2 months before the boxed version?

Foxtrot said:
Half-life 2 is being relased on steam 2 months before the boxed version?
Mmm... no, I don't think so... I was under the impression that the boxed version and the Steam version would be released at virtually the same time worldwide.

It could be worse, the publisher could be ... i cant bare to say it ... EA ... :S god...

Anyway i want a little combine action figure like the CS ones!

Id like to see Kubrick figures since i collect them but id probably end up picking the plush, good idea.

"Im a consumer whore"
"and how!"

Lobster said:
It could be worse, the publisher could be ... i cant bare to say it ... EA ... :S god...

Anyway i want a little combine action figure like the CS ones!

yeah like their motto...
"EA we franchise everything"

I want figures/toys! (Prefferably through Mcfarlane Toys)

Mcfarlane Toys are insanely detailed.

Mr. Redundant said:
thats better than "Im the queen" hehe
:)
I thought so too ;)

Raziel-Jcd said:
Mcfarlane Toys are insanely detailed.
Yes they are,. far better then anything else on the market, which is why I specified. For those who are not familiar with them, check out www.spawn.com,.

A HL2 series would rock. I'd love to have my own miniature Alyx :D

I want a cuddly Gonarch.
And can you fit this "Plush Headcrab" over your head, for the full effect? I do hope so...

Also, there were Master Chief action figures - a Freeman/Barney one similar to that would be really cool. In a severely geeky way.

i just want a g-man box with a gordon action figure to go next to the halo set!

I would just want a very sinister-looking GMan figurine to sit on my desk. I don't care about any of that other crap.

Mcfarlane figures f'sure. a kickass gman, and a boxset with a large model of dog and alex.

A foot high plastic gman alarm clock, and he looks at his watch, straightens his tie and says, "Wake up mr freeman" !!!

I want a plush headcrab, then I could walk around with it on my head on Halloween and see how many people know what I am. :E

the plush headcrab toy would so awesome but i remember reading a post about 2 weeks ago on a scientist doll that says "why do we have to wear these ridiculous ties!" when a button is pushed :LOL:

now such a doll would kick so much ass :thumbs:
i am so tempted to email Valve this idea :cheese:

i want a t-shirt that looks like one of the zombie's stomach and back.

or a t-shirt with a screenshot of kleiner from the first one saying "why do we have to wear these ridiculous ties?"

a headcrab mask, for halloween

Go around town with a headcrab on your face

Ea

Most of the people here say EA is a bad publisher.
Could you please explain me why is that ?
I'm not saying it's not, I just don't know.

Back