valve applys swift kick in the nuts to retailers

alb, its only on the frount page of hl2 planet half life and every other thing, not to mention another thread running right now on it

Yea, but scroll down towards the end of the article. They're saying that rumors are starting to sparse up about a delay into November.

"We're pushing in different directions. We're trying to compete with films and TV and other art forms, rather than games."

ROFL! I seriously doubt that movie ticket sales will see a decline due to hl2. Or that TV ratings will drop.

LOL, crazy.

Originally posted by Quotidian---
alb, its only on the frount page of hl2 planet half life and every other thing, not to mention another thread running right now on it

hey Quotidian have you considered killing yourself?.. todays top methods include toaster in bathtub jumping off a cliff and a shooting a shotgun inside your mouth!

Rofl , thread title = pure gold. The only good thing Ive seen you do!!! HAHAHAHHAA

Thank you for posting this. This will shut up all those skeptical idiots who swear that HL2 is delayed when they know nothing about it.

Originally posted by alb1221
hey Quotidian have you considered killing yourself?.. todays top methods include toaster in bathtub jumping off a cliff and a shooting a shotgun inside your mouth!
What's popular with kids this generation is by buying a (defective???) compass from me and going to the top of a cliff. YOU CAN GO ALL SORTS OF DIRECTIONS!!!!!!!!!@3222!@@1!111
That's ma slogan/motto/jingle dealie:):bounce: :cheese: :dozey: :dozey: :dozey: :cheese: :cheese: :cheese:

Originally posted by Killa_TJ
Thank you for posting this. This will shut up all those skeptical idiots who swear that HL2 is delayed when they know nothing about it.

n-e time :dork:

Originally posted by SheepFactory
ROFL! I seriously doubt that movie ticket sales will see a decline due to hl2. Or that TV ratings will drop.

LOL, crazy.

Uh, I don't think he means it in the same vein as you're referring to. Its no surprise that video games, over the past several years, have seen a tremendous popularity increase from in the past. Its just a new entertainment medium for which people can express their creativity. Half-Life 2 will help the industry to the the forefront even more. I doubt Laidlaw was thinking of Return of the King and Matrix: Revolutions box office sales as a metaphor for pitching the game.

Fools. It's just the beggining of Valve's evil scheme to take over the world.

LOL, crazy.

Yeah, I'm pretty sure he meant as an art form not just plain old popularity. Facial animations, complex story, characters that influence the story and can really act and deliver lines all this stuff about how they want the players to 'feel' in this game more than anything before.... it all adds up.

BTW, that's my favourite all-time quote from Valve.

what i like is that a major news organization is actually covering a game as a real media product

in the past, all news organizations have only focused on the controversy they bring (violence and sex) or they treat them as expensive toys

i'm happy to know they're getting the respect and news coverage they deserve

Originally posted by Styloid
Yeah, I'm pretty sure he meant as an art form not just plain old popularity. Facial animations, complex story, characters that influence the story and can really act and deliver lines all this stuff about how they want the players to 'feel' in this game more than anything before.... it all adds up.

BTW, that's my favourite all-time quote from Valve.

i definitely agree that some games are art.

what do you call those models and textures?
what do you call that story with the characters?

it's the same way with movies, only interactive

of course, as with movies, there are some games out there just to cash in and shouldn't be considered anything but a steaming pile of shit, but that happens with all art

my thread leans down for a second and you pop it in the cornhole....

hi-jacking its a bitch :dork:

there is no hijackage

we've already established that it's gonna be released most likely on the 30th, there's not much else to talk about in that regard, so i'm posting things relative to the article you linked

no hijackage

LOL, crazy.

well the week of the release, i wont be leaving my house,along with another million peeps, so your kinda wrong. :)

No matter how many September 30 confirmation articles, previews and e-mails, it's inevitable that some n00b will start a thread saying, "EB says Nov. 25 2005"

Originally posted by Jagermeister
No matter how many September 30 confirmation articles, previews and e-mails, it's inevitable that some n00b will start a thread saying, "EB says Nov. 25 2005"

and isn't that the truth...

Regarding to the cretin that sniggered at the thought of videogames ever beating the movie industry.

The videogame enterprise is catching if not equating to the movie consignment, a 30 million dollar industry etc., every year. Books, and other forms of medium are below it.

Games like Vice City, and Madden put videogames on that stage. Hopefully it'll up a notch when Half Life 2 comes out--especially for the consoles. Good for Valve dough-wise, otherwise I hardly care for consoles.

Back