Valve at E3 !!!

B'oh, aftermath is Fall now.

However, HDR looks really hot, based on the video in the background.

I was expecting a much better Aftermath showing. Instead we get "we can't talk much about it now" and the date gets pushed back to Fall.

Majestic237 said:
I was expecting a much better Aftermath showing. Instead we get "we can't talk much about it now" and the date gets pushed back to Fall.

Why were you expecting more? I rather them work on the game some more than take time and make an E3 demo. Oh well, Fall is right after summer......its not that long of a wait.

Good stuff, nice read. I'm glad to hear you can play lost coast without all the extras on it, so most people can play it, well i think it said that?

I'm also interested in this new heavily armed combine soldier? perhaps similar to the small synth like soldier based on the strider? Who knows, glad to see theres new enemies...perhaps cremators n all?

DiSTuRbEd said:
Why were you expecting more? I rather them work on the game some more than take time and make an E3 demo. Oh well, Fall is right after summer......its not that long of a wait.

Well, you say that. But in that case I'd rather they work on the game than come to E3 to say they haven't got anything.

kirovman said:
Well, you say that. But in that case I'd rather they work on the game than come to E3 to say they haven't got anything.

I have a feeling we will only get DoD:S till September for a reason, VUG.

DiSTuRbEd said:
Seconded.
I was always suspicious of a "Summer" release date. Not becuase of the 30th September '03 fiasco, but just because seven or eight months seemed like a fairly short span of time to pump out something of genuine quality, considering they'd want a break after completing HL2. op4 came out about a year after HL1, and whatever Valve have said to the contrary, it wouldn't have been much different had Steam been around.
Sod it; a couple more months I can deal with.

I agree, the prospect of having a longer/better game does outweigh the disappointment of getting it up to three months later.

After all, the delays on HL2 improved the final product substantially.

yeah, i was expecting a fall release anyway so a small delay is no big deal. if dod:s comes out before aftermath that'll definitely keep me busy until it does come out.

the reason its pushed back is because HDR is indeed being added to the 'aftermath'.

I'm happy they didn't show any of the Aftermath stuff ... we won't get spoiled that way.

Back