valve flaming

G

grekster

anyone else but me think that the valve/gabe flaming should result in a ban or something? i mean yes its dissapointing that its been delayed but its not the end of the world, and flaming valve aint going to help. from the sound of some people posting ud think they were paying vlave to make this game, there not. the people at valve have put 5 years of there time and money into halflife 2, and most if not all the people on here have made no contribution to halflife 2, so its pretty unfair to flame them. there just trying to make a game hear, and unfortunatly they didnt finish it on time, no need to start being immature about it. theyll get it out when there ready to. remember patients is a virtue :)

Nobody really cares that Valve is taking more time to complete the game, I know I don't. It's just the way that the fans had to scavenge around for scraps of information on the release date for weeks, always being assured by valve that all was well. Then a week before: Bam! It's delayed kthxbye.

LOL y should valve flaming result in a ban? this company has a real shitty release politics and so there is flaming... what do you think? could you imagine that valve says the game won't come out tomorrow and noone cares?

Due to valves/ vivendi's lack of communication to us, it was more than obvious that the community would get annoyed and flame them.

However it does get boring reading the same old threads, so maybe the mods should, instead of closing the threads, delete them altogether.

Not a ban maybe a delete/lock. Im with you, so what its a game people. Its late.

If this was just about valve taking more time to make the game better no one would be upset... get it yet?

yeah i guess patience would be a virtue to but if u got patients the u can charge them for treatment:)

Flaming Valve or Gabe isnt a HL2 discussion, that's why its gonna get closed. But its freedom of speach, and as long as its not overly rude, it wont be a ban, just a close.

If flaming results in a ban, then ass kissing and sucking up should too.

Excessive flaming isn't tolerated here anyway, the same rules of only getting one warning then a ban still apply.

Originally posted by Stiler
If flaming results in a ban, then ass kissing and sucking up should too.

Only if its towards John Carmack and Doom3 :cheese:

Originally posted by dawdler
Flaming Valve or Gabe isnt a HL2 discussion, that's why its gonna get closed. But its freedom of speach, and as long as its not overly rude, it wont be a ban, just a close.

American constitution does not apply to the internet.

Originally posted by grekster
anyone else but me think that the valve/gabe flaming should result in a ban or something? i mean yes its dissapointing that its been delayed but its not the end of the world, and flaming valve aint going to help. from the sound of some people posting ud think they were paying vlave to make this game, there not. the people at valve have put 5 years of there time and money into halflife 2, and most if not all the people on here have made no contribution to halflife 2, so its pretty unfair to flame them. there just trying to make a game hear, and unfortunatly they didnt finish it on time, no need to start being immature about it. theyll get it out when there ready to. remember patients is a virtue :)

No, you're gay.

flaming is cool but personal attacks on Gabe are out of order.

Don't confuse flaming and ciriticizing -- not that either should be banned. Valve could use some constructive criticism on how they are managing the game's release. The steady stream of non/mis/unverifiable information is causing enthusiasm to sag and there are some extremely EASY things they could do to fix it like (1)An official news/press release page on their website (I'll do it for free!), (2) An official HL2 Website, and (3) Releasing the media they said they would release an eon ago -- just to name a few.

speak with your wallet. that's the only voice you have. if you're pissed at valve, don't buy their games. otherwise, be quiet. nothing you say or do (short of bombing their offices or something) will affect how valve does business.

valve will never have a press conference and say:

"sorry guys...we learned our lesson. all your bitching and complaining has made us realize how much we suck. now we're going to have polls on halflife2.net to make every decision regarding our company. thanks for making us realize our folly."

find something else to do/say besides complain

If people want to post threads in the delay disappointment forum then I see no problem with that. So long as they aren’t just pointless personal abuse of any one at Valve, or otherwise.

People are bound to want to vent a little steam after the disappointment.

Originally posted by Paradox
If people want to post threads in the delay disappointment forum then I see no problem with that. So long as they aren’t just pointless personal abuse of any one at Valve, or otherwise.

People are bound to want to vent a little steam after the disappointment.

it doesn't make it any less useless though :p

Originally posted by Democritus
Don't confuse flaming and ciriticizing -- not that either should be banned. Valve could use some constructive criticism on how they are managing the game's release. The steady stream of non/mis/unverifiable information is causing enthusiasm to sag and there are some extremely EASY things they could do to fix it like (1)An official news/press release page on their website (I'll do it for free!), (2) An official HL2 Website, and (3) Releasing the media they said they would release an eon ago -- just to name a few.

very, VERY well said. Let's be serious for a moment. We wouldn't be seeing NEARLY the amont of flaming we currently see had these issues been addressed in a timely and accurate manner. Sure, there would still be asshats....there always will. But the level of disappointment and disillusion could have been lessened with a decent public relations strategy. They will most certainly sell fewer games now. Not many fewer, don't get me wrong. But the fact that they will still sell a zillion copies is only because of the strength of the product, which in turn is NOT any excuse to ignore those that make up your fan base. Btw, this isn't a flame per se, they made some marketing blunders...if they learn from them, all the better. If they don't then they certainly WILL sell a few less games with each release that gets poorly executed. </rant>

posting sick ass pics like goatse and ******* should get a ban. but a little flaming against those guys is gunna happen, if you want there to be none then you shouldnt be at a game site.

flames amongst members should be punished, but flames to valve staff should be tolerated, because they will never be around here to take offense to them.

Originally posted by poseyjmac
flames amongst members should be punished, but flames to valve staff should be tolerated, because they will never be around here to take offense to them.

Except that Gabe browses these boards from time to time. Yes.

i dont see why he would do that. its not like he regards the community very highly. a simple news page on valvesoftware.com is too much to ask i guess

to nsxownzme and lhauert if your trying to offend me it aint working, im not gay but ur very immature, all you had to say is you dont agree *shakes head*

its a sad world where people are abused for having an opinion

Stop ass-kissing gabe and valve.

to nsxownzme and lhauert if your trying to offend me it aint working, im not gay but ur very immature, all you had to say is you dont agree *shakes head*

its a sad world where people are abused for having an opinion

You're still gay.

nsxownzme i hope your monitor explodes and u get ripped to shreds by large peices of glass (and before you reply...yes i know im still gay (yawn))

morpherex: theres a difference between ass kissing and standing up for some1, how can it be ass kissing when they arent even going to see it?

nsxownzme i hope your monitor explodes and u get ripped to shreds by large peices of glass (and before you reply...yes i know im still gay (yawn))

morpherex: theres a difference between ass kissing and standing up for some1, how can it be ass kissing when they arent even going to see it?

Gay asskisser.

Back