Valve Game Sales

tvharti

Spy
Reaction score
I didn't read it here, so i hope this is new to you ;-)

Apparently Gameinformer mag has released the sales data of Valve titles. Unfortunately these only include the retail sales.

Half-Life 1: 9.300.000
HL1-Addon Opposing Force: 1.100.000
HL1-Addon Blue Shift: 900.000

Half-Life 2: 6.500.000
Half-Life 2: Episode One: 1.400.000
Half-Life 2: Orange Box: 3.000.000

Counter-Strike: 4.600.000
Counter-Strike Xbox: 1.500.000
Counter-Strike: Condition Zero: 2.900.000
Counter-Strike: Source: 2.100.000

About what you would expect I suppose, I feel that Ep1 and the Orange Box deserved more sales, but I suspect they would have a greater % of Steam purchases than the rest.

It'll be interesting to see where L4D will fit in.

I'm pretty sure those are retail statistics.

About what you would expect I suppose, I feel that Ep1 and the Orange Box deserved more sales, but I suspect they would have a greater % of Steam purchases than the rest.

It'll be interesting to see where L4D will fit in.
I don't think much of Episode One as a standalone. It's simply too little and it's not quite good enough. As a part of The Orange Box, it didn't stand out, but it was a nice addition nonetheless, and certainly a required one plotwise.

Left 4 Dead will, in my head, be slightly below The Orange Box.

The half life 2 one isnt right, should be higher, even without the steam ones included, i heard it was over 7.5 million somewhere which was updated in 2008... i remember seeing the 6.5 stat in 2006... And obviously with steam included, would probably bring it RESPECTABLY close to Half life 1. The orange box would also raise it quite a bit too since it came with it and many people new to half life were able to play it through that...

The half life 2 one isnt right, should be higher, even without the steam ones included, i heard it was over 7.5 million somewhere which was updated in 2008... i remember seeing the 6.5 stat in 2006... And obviously with steam included, would probably bring it RESPECTABLY close to Half life 1. The orange box would also raise it quite a bit too since it came with it and many people new to half life were able to play it through that...

steam purchasing wasnt really popular until around ep1s release.

so i wouldn't be surprised if those numbers are correct. what time gap is that anyways? from release until now?

Ok, come on, lets not derail this cool thread... Anyways, ive been wanting to see sales numbers from valve for a while now, even though this one isnt very accurate... And the number of HL2 sales on steam is much much greater than HL1, HL1 still did well on steam however..

Steam didn't even exist until much later in HL1's release.

Half - Life 1 - Released in 1998
Steam - Released in 2002

Haha yeah right.

Back