Valve just kicked me, but I have legit coded for grabs...

A

attt

Yep, Steam just shafted a customer who asked about censorship and posted questions without any direspect on the Steam Forums. Go Freedom Of Speech! Of course they censored me & killed my account. It figures.

So, I have up for grabs one retail HL code and two retail Opposing Force codes.

E-mail me at [email protected] if you're interested.

yep i'll have a halflife code

wait: are the useless because you already used them on steam?

Erm, what happened?

And where did you get these codes from?

Feath said:
Erm, what happened?

And where did you get these codes from?

They are legitimate retail codes, because they came with the disks bought by myself.

The HL code has gone, and will not be repeated. Two retail Opposing Force codes remain.

attt said:
They are legitimate retail codes, because they came with the disks bought by myself.

The HL code has gone, and will not be repeated. Two retail Opposing Force codes remain.

yeah, please, i have replyed to email :D

burnzie said:
yeah, please, i have replyed to email :D

One Opposing Force code has been sent.

Only one code left - 2nd retail Opposing Force disk.

Good Luck

Ha, just looked on the Steam Powered forum. Your thread was closed so you repeatedly made threads claiming Valve were oppressive and against free speech, and after a few warnings you were banned.

Feath said:
Ha, just looked on the Steam Powered forum. Your thread was closed so you repeatedly made threads claiming Valve were oppressive and against free speech, and after a few warnings you were banned.

Yes I did. But I wasn't warned. One thread was closed without ability to reply, the other was surely harmless enough to ignore, but was also closed before I could reply.

At no point did I impugn any individual, despite being insulted. Ach, such is life, and a scared oppressive American society.

Last Code Has Been Sent - Nothing Left Here

Sorry all.

The last code has been dispatched (Jeff).

Good Luck everyone, and again they were all legitimate retail codes bought by myself.

attt said:
Yes I did. But I wasn't warned. One thread was closed without ability to reply, the other was surely harmless enough to ignore, but was also closed before I could reply.

At no point did I impugn any individual, despite being insulted. Ach, such is life, and a scared oppressive American society.

This isn't anything to do with Oppressive American Society. It's the way forums work.

You post an anti Valve message on a Valve website. Some people disagree with you. You Call them "Fan Boys". Moderators see this turning into a flame war so they close it.

You then make a thread saying Valve are oppressive. It's closed.
You make another thread. The Mods ask you to stop making posts like these.
You make yet another thread saying the same thing, despite your other threads being closed.

The mods decide that it will make their job easier if they don't have to baby-sit you all the time so they ban you.

The exact same thing would've happened on this board and many others. I've known Abom to close threads straight away if he knows that there's just going to be a flame war.

You aren't being oppressed, you are acting like a moron who's read 1984 too many times.

Feath said:
This isn't anything to do with Oppressive American Society. It's the way forums work.
<snipped>

You aren't being oppressed, you are acting like a moron who's read 1984 too many times.

I well understand the way forums/usenet/arguments work, but for the sake of prudence I'm not getting involved in this here despite your insult. I stand by my point of view (or do you have influence to delete this too?). No matter.

also.. they pay for the forum.. the space it's provided on.. and the url at which you can reach it..
i don't think you have free speech rights on a companies forum.. more than likely all of this was mentioned in the 'terms of agreement' which you accepted when you signed up to be a member.. but.. i could be wrong.

8*(

Yep.. there is no such thing as completely free speech on a privately owned medium.

Anyone else not get the link?

"Valve banned me from Steam forums so here's some free CD keys".

A bit like saying.

"I got arrested last night for drunk driving, anyone want some free biscuits?"

Oh well, I just don't have a working HL CD key anymore. It's tied to an old account that I can't access anymore. I forgot the password (I had it written down somewhere), I no longer have access to the e-mail address it points to, and I haven't heard of Valve fixing any problems like that on the Steam forums. All I can play now is Counter-Strike and CS:CZ (since I got them for $15 to play the CS:S beta). I'll see if I can steal a key from one of my friends that doesn't play online. If that doesn't pan out I'll try to find an old copy in a bargain bin. If that doesn't work I'll just have to wait until HL2.

Back