Valve Software Linux Server Boycott

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

theblueman

Don't shoot the messenger:p

from the site:
"When you sign this petition, you agree to possibly boycott Valve Software by refusing to run a Linux dedicated server unless they give us Linux native clients of their software. Long live Linux Gaming!"

www.thepetitionsite.com/takeaction/190498263

As much as I would like to see Linux beat the crap out of Microsoft I won't be boycotting Valve.

I don't think it says "don't buy HL2", but it is saying "don't run your linux server until they give us a linux client". So buying the Windoze client is perfectly OK, right? Just make em suffer with the Win servers? Is that what its saying? :afro:

"you agree to possibly boycott Valve "

linux users, gotta love the comitment to their own causes.

Let's force companies to work harder, even though they have enough problems already.

-Ghost.

Originally posted by GhostValkyrie
*SIGH*

-Ghost.

You really don't have to sign your post, your name is clearly visible to the left hand side of the screen.

Last time i checked my windows system does everything i need/want it to do.

so f*** linux.

I thought half-life 2 did have linux, read the stolen source code, it has a linux folder :D

Originally posted by nw909
You really don't have to sign your post, your name is clearly visible to the left hand side of the screen.

lol yeah, i hate it when people do that.

Seeing as people are entitled to tell others what to do; I guess I'll have to stop.

How does this help things? Valve isn't going to port HL2 to Linux so get over it already :/ They would also have to port Steam to Linux too. And a bunch of other shit. It's simply not feasible. Just run linux servers and maybe you'll convice some newbie windows users to try linux. Windows really is a big peice of shit. And it's only getting worse as of late. First spy-ware! Now MS-ware! Woot! Everyone line up and get your office 2003!

anywyas.. petition = gay. Go port the leaked source if you're so damn desperate :D

Petitions never have a warm reaction therefore I'm putting a stop to this now. If people want to sign it, follow the link. I doubt you'll get many hits.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back