VALVe still up to their old tricks..

Its not like this patch won't be out in the next day or so, so I don't see why you people complain over this.

There is a certain trend among forum goers to raise whatever
Valve says to a Biblical (or Koranic, if you will) truth. In a weird
sort of after-hype of the "Best Game Ever (tm)", criticism of
Valve, Valve's software or Valve's games becomes a slight to
Valve itself; a slight to Valve itself becomes a personal insult
to the reader. Rational discussion is then replaced by emotional
statements which are used to discredit the original issue, or the
original poster.

DiSTuRbEd said:
Its not like this patch won't be out in the next day or so, so I don't see why you people complain over this.
neither threadstarter nor i did complain about this. it was merely a joke about it (too much obscure for some, apparently)
tacobc : very well said, but it's the trend amongst any community, be it virtual such as forums, or very real, such as.. real life

DiSTuRbEd said:
I cant take it any more :LOL: Go troll somewhere else. :frog:
nagual678 said:
neither threadstarter nor i did complain about this. it was merely a joke about it (too much obscure for some, apparently)
No use trying to reason with that one. :)

This "problem" is the result of two groups.

Valve = probably should be a little less definite. But it is programming, and things pop up that you don't expect.

Fans = either need to be a little more forgiving about this, or if they already don't believe Valve's dates, then they shouldn't get worked up when they miss em.

f|uke said:
I cant take it any more :LOL: Go troll somewhere else. :frog:

Because I am trolling of course, I mean, [sarcazm]I'm the one thinking its funny to make VALVe look stupid all the time...yeah![sarcazm]

ShadowFox said:
Valve = probably should be a little less definite. But it is programming, and things pop up that you don't expect.
True, but in this case they did not even think about the time it takes to play test it. VALVe should definitly be less definite!
Fans = either need to be a little more forgiving about this, or if they already don't believe Valve's dates, then they shouldn't get worked up when they miss em.
Yes. VALVe has lost all credability in this department. Thats really whats so funny here, as that does not stop them from doing it again! Fans simply should not take the dates given so seriously.

But to be clear, this is not a fault of VALVe! It is not VALVes job to predict the future. It is VALVes job simply to make great software, which they obviously excell at.

i do notice a stuttering, but to be honest, its a minor thing on my system. It didnt really take away from the game itself.

If people want to have focus on bug issues in games, some may have remembered FAR CRY which was one big enormous bug ridden mess. They put out a patch that made it even worse, and it had to be revoked. took them pretty well 6 months to fix that issue. Just enough time to kill my taste to play that marvelous crapware. It just sits there on my shelf, collecting dust, i refuse to play it and patch it with the final patched fix just because of the headaches i had from that game.

Valve's bug fix is minor compared to that, i can wait for them.

I just think Valve is a bunch of normal people like you and me who are optomistic (sometimes overly) when it comes to estimating how long they can fix something by.

When's the last time someone asked when you could have something done and then found out you'd spoken too soon?

I like the fact these guys are optomistic. Being an adult and knowing how real life works I don't hang on every word a person says like some of the kids around here. Don't worry children... the world will take on shades of gray the older you get... no more black and white.

f|uke said:
Yes, but today they said hopefully tomorrow.

Who are they kidding?? They're not going to release a patch tomorrow! Tomorrow is thanksgiving! They're all gonna be stuffing their faces.

yeah especially G.... never mind.

Back