Valve to show Half-Life 2 at ECTS!

Loke

Tank
Reaction score
Quote from GameSpot.

Valve and VU Games UK announce that Half-Life 2 will be shown for the first time in Europe at ECTS later this month.

Valve and Vivendi Universal Games UK have today announced that Half-Life 2 will be shown for the first time in Europe at ECTS. The game will be presented, by Valve, in a purpose-built soundproofed amphitheatre dominating much of the VU Games UK stand.

"Great games, like Half-Life 2, are what London Games Week is all about: showcasing the very best the industry has to offer, getting the media focused on the creativity within interactive entertainment and in turn, getting world class titles in front of new players," said Andy Lane, director of ECTS organizer CMP. "Half-Life 2 will undoubtedly be one of the biggest hits of the show and we look forward to welcoming Vivendi and Valve to London Games Week and seeing the game in all its glory on the ECTS show floor."

For more information on Half-Life 2, which was first shown at E3 earlier this year, check out our previous coverage of the game. We'll bring you more on the game when we report live from the ECTS showfloor on August 27-29.

dam i would SO love to go there!!!

but i am on hols 23rd - sept 7th. DAM IT!

o well the game will hopes be out in month or so

Lovely. Hopefully this means new gameplay demonstrations. And perhaps a hint at multiplayer.

Demonstrating the game one month before release... I hope that means it's almost finished. It'd be nice to hear them anounce gold so soon.

Originally posted by Lifthz
And perhaps a hint at multiplayer.

I would really love to hear about that.

Although I want new gameplay movies... most.

Because you are cheese eating surrender monkeys :)

I'm joking, I'm joking, I'm joking. Not a flame.

EDIT: missed an r

Well, I asked around and not everybody can enjoy the show.

Only Traders.

DAM ;(

Hey all lads from the UK, don't forget your video cameras so you can record something to us :D

Hopefully they'll release new screenshots.

Well, video cameras are never disallowed at these things, and if they are, people just try extra hard to get them in.

We'll see new footage for sure.

If I've got any money, I'll skive off work for the day, get the train down to london, get in there and if I've got any more money left after that and money for train fair home then I'll buy a digital video camera (how much are they? heard the AV320 things are good?) and video it all. I'll try and get an interview with Gabe too :D

hmm...

if they're taking time off from crunch mode to attend this though, that probably means that the game is in fact delayed, cause if it weren't I can't really see them stopping work for a week for a trade show, especially when the game is already hyped up to no end.

Or maybe they're actually done w/ HL2 and are just tweaking/fixing bugs? Lets hope so anyway...

One would hope this is the QA time. Somewhere, some lucky bastard is doing play-testing.

Originally posted by DOOManiac
hmm...

if they're taking time off from crunch mode to attend this though, that probably means that the game is in fact delayed, cause if it weren't I can't really see them stopping work for a week for a trade show, especially when the game is already hyped up to no end.

Or maybe they're actually done w/ HL2 and are just tweaking/fixing bugs? Lets hope so anyway...

That doesn't make sense. So what if Gabe or 2 Valve employees go? Doesn't mean the other 40 people can't still be working on it. And I'm sure if any time would be lost by sending 1 or 2 people to the show, they would work their asses off to make up for it anyways.

And like you said, perhaps they aren';t even in "crunch mode"... maybe they are more-less done and aren't busting their balls. I mean, if I was rushing to meet a deadline and i was like "m0gmz0mgz0m!! END OF THE WORLD WE MUST HURRY" I wouldn't be answering fan's emails, not even when I was compiling, I would be too stressed to even think about doing it and I would run around the office in circles looking for something to do.

Guys, it's trade only :(

BUT! I live in north London, and it's only a train ride away, so maybe I'll hang around outside and try to get time with Valve or maybe try to sneak in.

I live in the US so im just gona drive my solid gold skateboard across the ocean and then hit the ultra super cool turn into a SUV button and go down to this here ECTS while eating pie,Wendys hamburgers, and smoking large quantities of Columbian cocaine that I personally smuggled into the country to finance my mansion and 1000 fancy things, and listening to crazy rap music from the dirty south.

Originally posted by DOOManiac Or maybe they're actually done w/ HL2 and are just tweaking/fixing bugs? Lets hope so anyway...

I think your right there. The title at GameSpot says:

Valve and VU Games UK announce that Half-Life 2 will be shown for the first time in Europe at ECTS later this month.

Does this mean the first time ever being shown in Europe, or does this mean there done with it and going to show off the final product?

Originally posted by Phlek
Does this mean the first time ever being shown in Europe, or does this mean there done with it and going to show off the final product?
I think it means the first time in europe. Actually i'm pretty sure about it.

Aww man, your probably right. But we can dream can't we?

ye if the release is still due for the end of september, well then the game should go gold in about 3-4 weeks

Back