Valve to show Half-Life 2 at ECTS!

Originally posted by McWarren
Guys, it's trade only :(

BUT! I live in north London, and it's only a train ride away, so maybe I'll hang around outside and try to get time with Valve or maybe try to sneak in.

you know you could email gabe about that... you never know

Sorry for an extremely n00bish question, but what does Gold mean?

Does it mean that the game is completed?

The gold version is the finished game CD who is sent to the mass production factory, where is "printed". So when you get your "silver" CD of a game, it's the same as the gold one. Sorry for my lack of technical vocabulary.

Originally posted by Archangel
yes. Gold is the version that is send to mass production.

Ah, good... I had right then. I’m so f***ing good! ;)

Thanks.

I wonder if they will confirm the release date at this show? That is if they haven't confirmed it before then. You know if it's still up in the air they're going to get absolutely swamped with questions asking when the game is coming out.

Originally posted by Mountain Man
I wonder if they will confirm the release date at this show?

Yeah, I thought about that too.

Wouldn't it be cool if at they show, Gabe Newell just casually said, "Oh, and by the way, the game will be on store shelves next week."

Originally posted by Mountain Man
Wouldn't it be cool if at they show, Gabe Newell just casually said, "Oh, and by the way, the game will be on store shelves next week."

Ah, that would just be awesome.

If I was attending and he said that, I'm pretty sure I'd fall to the ground, go unconcious, and then run over to Gabe making a complete fool of myself. I'd be so excited/in state of shock that I wouldn't even care.

Back