Votes: 0 0.0%
  • de_torn

Votes: 3 4.1%
  • de_vertigo

Votes: 2 2.7%

• Total voters

NetGuru42

Reaction score
From the way it looks, Valve and Turtlerock Studios are going to be the ones making all of the official maps. How many of the redone origional CS maps are going to be done fore Source? Even if they are a little old, it'd still be nice to see most (if not all) of the origional CS official maps remade. These are what I'd like to see done (in order, top being first, bottom last or not at all)

cs_backalley - finally, a close-quarters urban map
as_oilrig - finally maybe we'll get a VIP map?
de_vertigo - skyscraper, 'nuff said
cs_assault - *official* remake or the old LAN party classic
de_inferno - another Middle-eastern bomber map, good anywayz
cs_747 - unique, kind of a strange map, but fun
de_torn - how cool would this be on source? awesome.
de_storm - classic bare-bones map, lotsa rooms, lotsa killing
cs_militia - kinda fun for a while, love the skylights/windows
de_nuke - kinda cool, little-played, so not very developed
cs_estate - old mansion classic, kinda worn out and overused
de_vegas - meh - prolly would look good on source tho
cs_siege - HATE that bottleneck, worst map, ever?

What do you guys think?

de_inferno -
de_nuke -
cs_militia -
cs_assault -
de_vegas -
cs_siege -

Damn, I want all the old official maps...
I guess cs_militia would be my first choice.

I would like to see a return of the VIP assasination though, perhaps they could make some original maps for this game-type, since as_oilrig is the only one I can think of.

Hmm, Militia got a bit tedious, i'd prefer Estate, as long as they added at least 2 new entrances.

cs_militia, we allredy have an really good looking de_inferno replacemnt, so no need for that.

Where are de_originalcontent and cs_somethingnew?

cs_assault
cs_militia
as_oilrig

there is still an imbalance between the number of de and cs maps in source at the moment. I say no to inferno as there is a perfectly good version out already, maybe not as good as the original but id like to see the above 3 done first.

Wahey im the only person whos voted for estate lol, i loved that map.

Oilrig or 747. I don't remember right now what milita was, but I've played it for sure. cs_747 is the funniest cs map ever, but there's almost no servers with it. I voted for 747.

You don't remember Militia :O , its only the campi-est map ever created, the terrorists have it easy on that map, just sit on the roof with an awp and they win easily, well annoying that map.

I want cs_backalley, it was one of my favorite CS maps. Militia, 747, and estate are also good maps.

as_tundra...only other VIP map I can think of...don't know if its an "official" map..some of the condition zero maps like de_truth and de_fastline might be cool to see "sourced"...

Cs_militia, but I'd like to see siege too.

too many people want militia, there are a lot better maps out there then that, plus there are already some good custom made militias for css.

Sniper said:
You don't remember Militia :O , its only the campi-est map ever created, the terrorists have it easy on that map, just sit on the roof with an awp and they win easily, well annoying that map.
They had to GET on the roof first... they didn't do it often when I played it. I made that my mission on that map. It was fun being CT and T.

Xune said:
Where are de_originalcontent and cs_somethingnew?
that's a damn good question, but original content is a little tough it seems, maybe they just think it's better to leave most of that to the mod community

Glad to see im the only person who has voted for estate still lol

as_tundra was fun, I just didn't have room for it on the poll list. Same with a couple other really good originals. I'm surprised more people don't want de_torn. That would be a really cool map on source with the bomb room with water. There could be some really awesome lighting FX coming in from the ceiling - that mixed with HL2s really awesome DX9 water FX would make for some sweet graphics. :cool:

i think the system they got now is great one old map one new

a proper torn would definitely rock..so many of the older maps would just be beautiful if they got sourced

Back