Valve's Break:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Korgoth

Reaction score
Alright, this is going to be tricky so i'll have to word this perfectly.
In my opinion, Valve need a break... WAIT!!!!! READ ON!
Not a break from production on half life 2, but more or less a moral boost.
What couild we do to lift the spirits at the Valve office? These guys are and have been pouring their heart and sole into their brainchild for the last 5-6 years. Now it appears that they are feeling dragged down, and we should pick em' up!
Call me a fanboy I don't care, all I know is, if I were on the Valve team I would really appreciate some recognition for my hard work.
This thread is for Valve! Lets put our heads together and do something nice for these guys... Maybe a community e-card, or just anything to perk those guys up a little :thumbs:

VALVE ROCKS!:D

I couldn't think of anything more creative.:p

You can complain , you can be angry , but when it become done , you will almost cry of happyness :naughty:

What other company let you make a tour in theyr headquarters ?

VALVE ROCKS !

how about we all collectively STOP COMPLAINING for a month ..I bet they would appreciate that :)

although the e-card is a good idea too :)

I WANT THE HEAD OF VALVE TO IMPREGNATE ME WITH HIS MAN BABIES SO THAT I CAN EVENTUALLY CONSUME THE CHILDREN AND HAVE A MERE TASTE OF THE AWESOME POWER WHICH IS GABE NEWELL

EDIT: Okay, size 3. I can at least make it size 3, right? Look! The two lines it takes up are perfectly equal! You don't wanna mess that up, do ya?

Innervision961 said:
Alright, this is going to be tricky so i'll have to word this perfectly.
In my opinion, Valve need a break... WAIT!!!!! READ ON!
Not a break from production on half life 2, but more or less a moral boost.
What couild we do to lift the spirits at the Valve office? These guys are and have been pouring their heart and sole into their brainchild for the last 5-6 years. Now it appears that they are feeling dragged down, and we should pick em' up!
Call me a fanboy I don't care, all I know is, if I were on the Valve team I would really appreciate some recognition for my hard work.
This thread is for Valve! Lets put our heads together and do something nice for these guys... Maybe a community e-card, or just anything to perk those guys up a little :thumbs:

The e-card is a nice idea, but there are some of those thank-you-valve-threads already, right? :x

thank you valve anyway ;)

Absinthe said:
I WANT THE HEAD OF VALVE TO IMPREGNATE ME WITH HIS MAN BABIES SO THAT I CAN EVENTUALLY CONSUME THE CHILDREN AND HAVE A MERE TASTE OF THE AWESOME POWER WHICH IS GABE NEWELL

Frightening, yet somewhat appropriate...

no no no, i don't want a thank you valve thread, i want something we can do for them... The happier these guys are the more effecient they'll work :)

There are a lot of talented people around here, surely we can come up with something to show our appreciation for all that they do and boost their morale at the same time :cheers:

Innervision961 said:
no no no, i don't want a thank you valve thread, i want something we can do for them... The happier these guys are the more effecient they'll work :)

There are a lot of talented people around here, surely we can come up with something to show our appreciation for all that they do and boost their morale at the same time :cheers:

Oh.

Innervision961 said:
Maybe a community e-card:

You better get started then. :p

What ever happened to the "Buy Pizza for Valve" idea?

I didn't participate in it, and good luck getting gamers to fork over cash to buy Valve something. haha. I think the ecard is a better idea, maybe someone could HTML a thankyou site or something.

Pizza. Lots of pizza.

did they ever follow through witth the pizza idea pi mu rho?

Wow that sounds like a fantastic idea, Innervision. I know something we could do! A Flash movie dedicated to Valve! Who here knows how to make Flash movies (other than me?)

Innervision961 said:
did they ever follow through witth the pizza idea pi mu rho?

If they did. They probably throw it away, knowing a Doom fan poisoned it. :thumbs:

TURN ON THE STEAM VALVE!!!!!

YOU GUYS ROCK!!! OHHHHHHHH YEEEAAAHHHHH!

hmmmm....I think that will do :thumbs:

an E card with THankyou valve on it, and lots of people dancing to some catchy techno tune :p obviously done in flash

edit : dancing Gabes and gabe girls? (the e3 photo edits :p) :thumbs:

no pizza!!!

donation in valve's name to charity but no pizza ...what a waste of money

e-card is best idea

Im working on a little 'thankyou valve' animation now. If i don't post it here within and hour or so i would have given up, BUT i am trying =P

thanks shadow stalker, i'd have done it myself but im sh*t at flash :) i better get learning/practising.

Pizza is a great idea, I live real close to Valve HQ...so if you could send me the money or the pizza I will deliver it to them!

hey if anyone has a paypal account i'll donate a couple of bucks.

Pizza's sounds good :p maybe they can do one with the Lambda logo on it?

What shall i do once i finshed this? (which might be awhile, because im making it look good =P)

sending them a stripogram would be pretty expensive but definitelly worth it, heh :)

Do a song parody like Weird Al Yancovich;

Queen>"Half life 2, has a headcrab put aside for meeee... for meeee... for meeeeee!

Nothing else matters, all fanboys see, nothing else matters, nothing else matters, but steeeaaaaaaaaaammmmm..."

HA! this is the PERFECT OPPORTUNITY.

I DON'T OWE VALVE JACK!!!! hahahahah sounds better going the other way around. All I owe Valve is MONEY when I BUY their game.

I'm not going to STROKE their ego while they keep me in the dark and mind F**K me.

I don't owe you a damn thing. Hows that feel Valve, kinda like I have been feeling for a year.

Pizza is a great idea, I live real close to Valve HQ...so if you could send me the money or the pizza I will deliver it to them!

Sounds like a good idea, BUT WAIT!!!1!1111!

We could buy a knife for Gabe, he lOOOve knifes :naughty:
But that would be unfair for the rest of the Valve team...hmmm

wonkers said:

I DON'T OWE VALVE JACK!!!! hahahahah sounds better going the other way around. All I owe Valve is MONEY when I BUY their game.

I'm not going to STROKE their ego while they keep me in the dark and mind F**K me.

I don't owe you a damn thing. Hows that feel Valve, kinda like I have been feeling for a year.
You don't owe valve anything and they owe you nothing. How have they been keeping you in the dark, do you want them to tell you the end of the game?

kaellinn18 said:
Frightening, yet somewhat appropriate...

I was goin to say that. LOL

Send them Pizza. with talking ECARD from veepers............

VALVE ROKS

wonkers said:

hmmm another disgruntled HL2 fan ...isnt there a post office that needs shooting up or something?

CptStern said:
hmmm another disgruntled HL2 fan ...isnt there a post office that needs shooting up or something?

No!!! Don't kill the mail boxes. Mail boxes are my friend. :D

CptStern - you should suggest Russian roulette instead of shooting up a post office. Much more productive for humanity. :E

blahblahblah said:
No!!! Don't kill the mail boxes. Mail boxes are my friend. :D

CptStern - you should suggest Russian roulette instead of shooting up a post office. Much more productive for humanity. :E

hmmm good idea ...maybe they could change the game up a bit ...use gernades instead of a gun ...but it only works in a group

game instructions: pull pin, throw up in air, run away, who ever's left standing wins!!!

it's win win situation IMHO :thumbs:

I've almost finshed the animation! Can anyone suggest some funkey music to go with it? (and give it to me)

Valve, I just wanna take this time to say...

YOU GUYS ROCK!

Screw the guys like Wonkers who can't provide a life for themselves and expect you guys to do it for them. I'm pretty sure you guys were hired to only do ONE job. So sad... so sad...

KEEP UP THE AWESOME WORK DAWGS!!!

shadow stalker said:
I've almost finshed the animation! Can anyone suggest some funkey music to go with it? (and give it to me)

Two Unlimited - No Limits... have to see it first though, cuz it'll have to go to a beat :)

Even better, that "Everybody Dance Now" song.. quite an old one, but a classic :borg:

im not thanking valve, they havent done anything for me so i see no reason to thank them. i will thank them if half life 2 is in my hands and the game is worth the 50 bucks. right now all i can say is that valve needs to do something about their marketing , its really bad. but for me it doesnt matter anymore, i just want the game and then i will thank them.

smacky said:
im not thanking valve, they havent done anything for me so i see no reason to thank them. i will thank them if half life 2 is in my hands and the game is worth the 50 bucks. right now all i can say is that valve needs to do something about their marketing , its really bad. but for me it doesnt matter anymore, i just want the game and then i will thank them.

Have you ever played Half-Life or Counter Strike or any other game that Valve has made? If yes, then I think this is what this thread is really for because HALF LIFE 2 ISN'T OUT YET! Damn dawg! Get a clue from Blue! Take the sneezy out your feezy and open up your heezy! Westside!!!

And since when does someone have to do something for you to thank them? You inconsiderate mother... just johin'... but fo real key'd!

Organizer said:
GO VALVe! YOU ROXXORZ BY BOXXORZ!!!11oneone!!!1

Hmm... too gay? ;)

Maybe... I think the pink gives it away ;). Just joshin' key'd. TIGHT!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back