Valve's unannounced military game?

To me it does. Look at the gun.

2a.jpg

metrofs9.png

And it wasn't running on the same pc, it was cut and pasted behind the portal sequence..

I'm pretty sure it's 'Metro 2033'. You can see from that screen there's the exact same weapon model in the video.

Edit - Grrr. ;(

It's not Valve's. The movie of Portal was filmed at the floor of the convention from a screen which plays trailers of various games.

meh, a valve military shooter would be a good idea

Anyone know what engine that game is run on? It looks pretty nice for a game I've heard nothing about.

is it confirmed that that's the game in the video? and why would it be running on the same pc as the portal?

Its a camcorder dude, its just shoddingly cut video. No offence to the person who gave us the beauty that is Portal.

I agree, a single-player military shooter would be nice, but we don't need a shooter which takes place in:

WWII (Cliche')
WoT (War on Terror)
Vietnam (The only thing that would probably be interesting is the Jimmy Hendrix Music and being forced into playing Russian Roulette by the local vietcong)

A Red Alert style (alternative universe) shooter?

VALVe are developing a third person tatical shooter, but no military game that I'm aware of.

Atomic Piggy, dont try to create false rumours just so you get all attention. Hate attention whores.

Wows, I got sigged :D

I don't see why Valve would work on another game when they have TF2, Portal and the HL2:Episodes in the works..

Metro 2033 said:
FPS from 4A Games coming in late 2008; story sees human survivors of postapocalyptic Moscow battle mutants in the subways.
Yup can't go wrong with something as original and refreshing as that :|

Back