vampire bloodlines= upgraded source

G

as many already know vampire bloodlines will use the source engine but they werent satisfied with the lighting or particle system so they re-did them lighting to make it better with darker enviorments and particle to render flashy spells and furry coats and such

can mods re-do entire chunks of the game like this??....

dod 3.0 pretty much redid those 2 things for its release although it would take alot of work and possibly a fully lincensed sdk type thingi

is it possible for someone to buy vampire bloodlines and use their upgraded engine to make half life2 mods: hence making it so modders dont have to upgrade themselves what the guy above said...

is it possible?

or would the mods only work for bloodlines...

cause it would be the same engine?

Hey, I was wondering the exact same thing. I just looked at the e3 Vampire trailer and it was pretty good.... Does anyone have some solid info (interviews etc) for this game?

(it's kinda related HL2 isn't it?)

Originally posted by PoiSoNSpiDeR
is it possible for someone to buy vampire bloodlines and use their upgraded engine to make half life2 mods: hence making it so modders dont have to upgrade themselves what the guy above said...

is it possible?

or would the mods only work for bloodlines...

cause it would be the same engine?

^^^someone ask gabe that for me...he doesnt respond to me.....

You would have to have the original game for it.

Half life engine is just a moded quake 1 engine, but you cant play dod with just quake 1. You have to have the game the mod is made for.

oops to late already started a topic on it ....anyways i want a little more info so its ok

Originally posted by alb1221
as many already know vampire bloodlines will use the source engine but they werent satisfied with the lighting or particle system so they re-did them lighting to make it better with darker enviorments and particle to render flashy spells and furry coats and such

can mods re-do entire chunks of the game like this??....

Where did you hear/read this?

sorry, I read all of this in the new pc gamer magazine issue :cheers:

I saw this game at Comic-Con last Friday.

The exibitor crashed it while I was watching...

Back