Very disappointed in EP1

Raeven0 said:
Did they? I don't remember ever seeing it used.
I believe it was used during the final Strider battle before you entered the Citadel. They were able to blow away parts of that building you were in.

The used it outside the Nexus too. If you walked up to the front door of it they use it. And you're there thinking "Oh shit, what's that? SHIT RUN!" And then you run off the platform thing and look back and see everyone disintigrating and think "SHIT!" Or at least that was what it was like for me.

You guys are right.

It took about an hour of wandering around d3_c17, but I finally got a Strider to do the blue energy thing in front of me. I think it's a scripted effect, since the Striders never do it except to effect some change in the map.

Seeing as how I bought the game retail (even though I already had....a version.....of it) for £15.99, I expect I paid more than alot of people here, do I feel ripped off?

No.

Not when the package was so well put together with the kind of quality that ran through HL2.
I thought the story continuation was a little sloppy (the rescue etc) but once Dog pulled me out of the rubble, the game was a joy.

I also bought SiN Episode1, and I also enjoyed that, but for a different reason, the combat in SiN was amazing, but the story left a lot to be desired, as did the end.
With HL2EP1, the story was the main selling point for me, and that ending...WOW.

If Valve improve upon this Episode with the next, I`ll continue to pay out for these episodes

cquinn said:
How many people actually shelled out $20 bucks for it?
Actually I believe I payed a bit more through steam because my debit card charges me for currency conversion. It's a little irritating, but I don't lose too much to it in a year :/

Not that paying over $20 bothered me whatsoever.

Raeven0 said:
You guys are right.

It took about an hour of wandering around d3_c17, but I finally got a Strider to do the blue energy thing in front of me. I think it's a scripted effect, since the Striders never do it except to effect some change in the map.
It is scriped but you can order them to attack something with it using console commands. I should really video those battles XD

I am enjoying it so far. However they atleast should have given us a new gun or a chainsaw or something

Yakuza said:
I am enjoying it so far. However they atleast should have given us a new gun or a chainsaw or something
It's hard to get a new gun believably when stuck in the same setting as HL2.

Back