VGA awards

so, i agree that the vga's sucked a bit. it was neat to see a well hyped video game awards show... but damn... the one thing that irritated me, more than the whole lame cheerleader and music stuff... was the fact that the audience came across as a bunch of fanboys. that was irritating and i was embarrassed just WATCHING it. another point, yeah hl2 will (if it lives up to the hype even a little bit) will likely be much better than halo(based upon gameplay experience... sure halo was fun, but a bit too formulaic, whereas hl broke the formula and revolutionized the genre, halo went with that, essentially, so no new ground breaking stuff there, unless you're a console person) anyways... i do agree though, that halo2 is more anticipated. just read the posts talking about # of console users vs pc users...

my 2 cents

****in fanboys irritate me. *pulls out gun*:sniper:

Well if it was a vote then obviously Halo 2 is more anticipated, giving that it won the vote.

I dunno if this has been said cuz im too lazy to read 2 otehr pages of replies but they should have the Computer Game Awards as well. Fomr the categories that i remember they picked over computer games. Teh show itself was mediocre at best mostly clips form video games...I didnt care much for the musicians there....funkmaster flex sucked as announcer and david spade sucked even more as host. Lol when a game won they would show a shot of some random table celebrating.... too many cheerleaders...its not teh ESPYs or something. Waste of air time but what do u expect form the 1st annual video game awards? If next years is like this one i hope it wont be annual.

It'd be nicer if a video game award could have both hype/presentation and prestige. I'd like to see the awards based on the merits of the game and not just on popularity... but I guess they wanted the viewers to feel that they had input into the awards.

HL² are the most anticiated game by far.. It even tops D3 so ofcouurse they should have won... nd Im not just saying this cuz Im a HL2 fan.. Its a fact :)

Id like to see the awards anyway is it possible to dl them? I live in Denmark and it wasnt sent on any of our channels.. I think.

Originally posted by _-_-SELAS-_-_
HL² are the most anticiated game by far.. It even tops D3 so ofcouurse they should have won... nd Im not just saying this cuz Im a HL2 fan.. Its a fact :)

Christ you must be kidding?

IT WAS A VOTE

Obviously whatever game won the VOTE is the most anticipated.

Originally posted by iamaelephant
Christ you must be kidding?

IT WAS A VOTE

Obviously whatever game won the VOTE is the most anticipated.

not true. Alot of people could have not voted and i guarentee you if they all would, HL2 would win. And if they voted halo 2 instead of HL2 they obviously have no taste in games or are just dumb!

Hate to be so picky but...

Your subject line says VGA awards

video game awards awards?

or if i am wrong, what does the first a stand for?

na it's very gay awards awards.........

hoho i make a funny

I seriously lost a lot of respect for these boards when I read through this thread. So many sais HALO 2 SUX! HL2 RULES!! As it was said before..you haven't played either.

I also never thought there were so many HL2 fanboys on these boards (sure many of you say "HL2 board=HL2 fanboys" well...I thought more of you might take an objective look at games. Right now...I'd be willing to bet more people are looking forward to Halo 2 than HL2 just because the numbers lie with Halo 2 to begin with. A wider audience of people play console games...xbox included of course. There are many gamers out there that haven't heard of Half Life..even though they play CS.

I personally voted for Halo 2...because that's what I'm most pumped for right now...and not just because it's probably coming out sooner. If I had copies of both games in my hands right now...I'd pop in Halo 2 first.

So many of you out ther hate Halo PC...think of it in terms of 2 years ago..when it came out for xbox. I think it was a mistake to bring Halo to PC so late without huge improvements (not to mention shitty performance on high-end PC's..and on low-end...the game looks worse than any other game I've seen lately). They added a bunch of vehicles and weapons that ruined MP IMO..sure they're fun to mess around with..but they totally unbalance the game. Halo is best on Xbox with few people. This isn't a Halo discussion thread...so that's enough of that.

I only tuned in for like 10 minutes total..and I saw True Crime win..which is rediculus..definitely not best action game of the year (good game imo..but not best). I knew Halo 2 was going to win..I just wish they showed new footage of it (they took way too long showing True Crime). That's all I was interested in from the show...and they didn't deliver.

Btw...Brute Force looked retarded to me from the beginning.

Whose lamer. The people on these boards who are saying Halo 2 will suck because they believe the first one did (as quite a few PC users do), or the people who voted Halo 2 not because they are genuinly more excited about Halo 2 than HL-2 but because they were pissed off @ Valve for delaying HL-2 and are now pretending like they don't give a shit about it.

Just get over it, Half-Life 2 has been delayed, it doesn't mean it will be shit!

Originally posted by mortiz
Whose lamer. The people on these boards who are saying Halo 2 will suck because they believe the first one did (as quite a few PC users do), or the people who voted Halo 2 not because they are genuinly more excited about Halo 2 than HL-2 but because they were pissed off @ Valve for delaying HL-2 and are now pretending like they don't give a shit about it.

Just get over it, Half-Life 2 has been delayed, it doesn't mean it will be shit!

That is definitely not what I'm doing. HL2's delay didn't change my "Most anticipated games" list completely...realizing that it won't come out for a while made me realize how much I had overhyped it (don't get me wrong..I'm sure HL2 will kick ass..but I'm just more excited for Halo 2). Playing xbox Halo with my new friends at college made me become more excited for Halo 2.

My other friends at home and I had gotten somewhat bored with Halo over the summer (we played it every day) and now with introducing xbox Halo to a new crowd, my excitement for the sequel has heightened.

And you mortiz...I consider you pretty stupid for assuming that I would be so petty to only vote for Halo 2 because I was angry at Valve for the delay.

I dont have an X-Box so I havent followed Halo 2 at all, but I thoroughly enjoyed the original on my mate's X-Box so I'm sure Halo 2 will kick some ass. Is it slated for PC?

Just to let you know I don't own an Xbox but I plan on getting one some time soon. At first I thought Halo was good when I went to my friends house and played it. We played co-op single player which was fun and all. But after that I thought the multiplayer was boring. Then a couple months later me and about 9 of my friends got 3 Xboxes and 3 tvs and linked them up and played capture the falg mode on that Ice map (kinda like a LAN). It was one of the funnest things I've ever palyed because we were all close friends palying a good game of Halo having a fun time. That in my opinion is the best way to play Halo. If you haven't you should try it :)

me and about 9 of my friends got 3 Xboxes and 3 tvs and linked them up and played capture the falg mode on that Ice map (kinda like a LAN). It was one of the funnest things I've ever palyed because we were all close friends palying a good game of Halo having a fun time. That in my opinion is the best way to play Halo. If you haven't you should try it :) [/B]

That's how I play all the time :) Best way to go.

And you mortiz...I consider you pretty stupid for assuming that I would be so petty to only vote for Halo 2 because I was angry at Valve for the delay

When you in actuality *flamed me* because I made an assumption about you?

Are you in primary school resorting to childish insults? "You're stupid!"

Originally posted by Pressure
my friends got 3 Xboxes and 3 tvs and linked them up and played capture the falg mode on that Ice map (kinda like a LAN).

There's no "kinda" about it.

Originally posted by mortiz
When you in actuality *flamed me* because I made an assumption about you?

Are you in primary school resorting to childish insults? "You're stupid!"

I flamed you because you assumed something pretty stupid....hence me considering you pretty stupid...

hearing about the games i alrdy know.. again.. wasnt something id care to see.. alot of my friends said i should have :-/
but oh well.. being involved in the gaming community is good enough for me

Back