Video card buying advice

Yeah the Enermax PSU should handle it easy for now.
If you go with a new board, it most likely will have a 24pin ATX connector while your enermax has a 20pin. The motherboard might come with an adapter.

ok that's good to know ...I'll keep my psu for now and upgrade when necessary. I'll look into the adaptor thingy

what do you think of this bundle:

http://www.ncix.com/products/index.php?sku=16671

should I splurge a little more and get a better mobo? I'm saving myself $100 but it's not worth it if I have problems down the road

anyone know anything about this bundle? I found it for $474 ..it just sounds too good to be true. anyone ever own a eVGA motherboard?

SAJ said:
Well , it will work, its an nforce4, thats all you need to know really.Dont know much about canadian prices but it looks as though you get the mb for free at that price, so it should be worth a go.
There is the issue of the psu connections , see here http://forum.ncix.com/forums/index....t_id=15797&msgcount=3&overclockid=0#msg916126 for more details.
You do know that the bundle doesnt include the cpu , right?

ya I know it doesnt include the cpu. Ya I read that about the 20 pin to 24 pin adaptor but havent decided to go with this mobo yet, I was hoping to hear opinions from someone who owns one. Oh and incidentily I researched a pc-e mobo for my p4 that you suggested but all I came up with was a Albatron that was almost as expensive as the asus I'm looking at ..for another $230 I get a amd 3500 which is reasonable since the albatron was a dead end

Didnt think that you had forgotten the cpu, but had to check , right? ;)
I wouldnt hold your breath waiting for another owner of that make to turn up here , you have to either take the plunge or cast your net a bit further.
As I said before its an nforce4 ,so it should really follow that standard, often theres not that much between the different manufacturers(well, nothing deal-breaking anyhow).

I havent purchased anything yet ..if I bought the evga mobo it would be in the bundle that's on sale at ncix for $499

CptStern said:
anyone know anything about this bundle? I found it for $474 ..it just sounds too good to be true. anyone ever own a eVGA motherboard?

i have one and its amazing, paid $400 for my 7800gt and a evga motherboard. In fact its the bundle your looking at now, only i got it at newegg

hmm you have agp right? go for a 6800gt youll be very pleased

bryanf445 said:
hmm you have agp right? go for a 6800gt youll be very pleased
Does ATI have an AGP equivalent? I was also wondering if it would be smarter to save for now and buy a new mobo with a pci-e card later?

ATI doesn't have one directly at that performance but they have the X800XL at a better value and the X850XT at a higher cost both on AGP. 6800GT is in the middle.

Back