Visa Debit?!

melat0nin

Reaction score
Hi all

Just tried to buy Sin Ep 1 using my Visa Debit card (apparently it should work since it's Visa) and it was denied the first time, then I got ominous 1984-esque messages saying it's been declined cos they think it might be being used fraudulently. It's not.

Anyway, has anyone in the UK had experience of Steam and Visa Debit cards?

I purchased Darwinia with Visa Electron, same way as I would anywhere else. No problems.

Hmm I might just wait for the retail version then, or try again when I've got proper broadband in my next flat. I'm connecting through HTTP-Tunnel (restrictive uni firewall) so perhaps that had something to do with it. I hope it doesn't blacklist me or anything daft like that.

Are you putting it in exactly how it is on the bills? If you make a single mispelling it will give you that error.

I think so, I mean I've bought stuff with the card hundreds of times and the systems are usually clever enough to work out certain discrepancies (like the local village being in the 'Address Line 2' field instead of the 'City' field).

Also my name on the card is Mr L Diver, so the first time I put 'Laurence Diver' then realised that might be the problem and changed it to 'Mr L' for first name and 'Diver' for surname. I'll maybe try again with just L for first name.. but I'm kinda apprehensive given that it thinks I'm defrauding myself (!)

Back