Vista is gold

Too bad we consumers won't see it until next year though, right? Ugh. Oh well. Need to upgrade a bit anyway....

*waves goodbye to anyone still using '98*

Is it still true they are going to prevent all updates for 98? Basically to TRY and force people to upgrade? Well, the 'zomfg my virus protection will no longer be up-to-date people' anyway.

Still, cant wait for it. Im getting sick of the XP layouts haha.

o0o not a bad price for home premium 159.00!!! wooo

Yahoooooooooooooooo!
I'm excited!
....cept the part where i have to pay $200, but other than that, w00t in my pants!

*waves goodbye to anyone still using '98*

Is it still true they are going to prevent all updates for 98? Basically to TRY and force people to upgrade? Well, the 'zomfg my virus protection will no longer be up-to-date people' anyway.

Still, cant wait for it. Im getting sick of the XP layouts haha.

98 support was suspended earlier this year, but it's been supported a lot longer than many OS's.

I think people using 98/me should have thier computers taken away. And I think this because they expect me to fix the ****ing thing when it won't do what they want. Its not frikking broken, its running 98!!!

*Edit - How does the licensing work? I have only ever bought OEM xp before, and not changing my pc without a new copy sucks. Say I bought ultimate, is that a personal licence for life? As in, I can move it to a new build, as often as I like provided I'm not still using the old one?

*Edit - How does the licensing work? I have only ever bought OEM xp before, and not changing my pc without a new copy sucks. Say I bought ultimate, is that a personal licence for life? As in, I can move it to a new build, as often as I like provided I'm not still using the old one?
You will be able to install it I believe up to 10 times as long as mobo\hd is the same.

However with Xp we could always phone in and get it done. Hell I gave my friend a copy like that. I've probably done it 10 times over the phone for Xp. It's simple. You can probably do the same with Vista.

Thats the same as xp then. So whats the difference between retail and oem, apart from a lack of manuals?

Back