Visual Problem in the Pistol and Shotgun

Guus345

Reaction score
has any body noticed that the pistol and shotgun has these green dots on them, when i first play hl2 i thought they were lights and i didnt give much thought to it, and now after seeing other poeple's pic of it, i came to the conclusion that i am not the only one that has this, is this a graphical bug that was ignored or noticed or is it lights that the Valve gun disigner decided to add to make it look orginal?

In real life you have to aim down the gun sights, the green dots make them easier to see in dark places.

i didnt know that, i thought there was something wrong with my videocard

Im assuming you were talking about the two dots on the sights of at the back of the pistol. If you have green dots all over the pistol then I dont know whats wrong, I dont have them. If you could post a picture it would help.

They're white dots to help with aiming. Real guns have these.

Talking about glitches, my screen has 5 white dots right in the middle with 2 curved lines around them.

no, it is just those three on the pistol and two on the shotgun that everybody has, i thought that they were graphical glitches

they are little florescent marks put on the guns to help you see the iron sights in dark places, its very normal

(Fragger) said:
Talking about glitches, my screen has 5 white dots right in the middle with 2 curved lines around them.
umm that would be your crosshair

The Green Dots I believe are Tritium dabs that highlight the Sights in dark areas allowing you to aim better.
While you have a HEV suit and dont need them the guns are made like that.Dont worry its not your graphics card and your not going blind.
A nice view of them in RL(Well real as in not computer generated) is near the start of Fight Club when the camera pulls back from the gun in Jacks mouth.

Back