Vivendi and Valve

M

Muskrat

Mabey I don't understand their contract, but if after Half-life 2 comes out, mabey Valve should lose the Vivendi and find a new one when their next game is ready. Almost any publisher would cut throats to put out the next game wouldn't they?

Muskrat said:
Mabey I don't understand their contract, but if after Half-life 2 comes out, mabey Valve should lose the Vivendi and find a new one when their next game is ready. Almost any publisher would cut throats to put out the next game wouldn't they?
Yeah, but unfortunately they have to complete the terms of their current agreement.

Gamespot got a comment from Doug Lombardi that they needed to make like 3 new games.

Two companies that hate each other legally obligated to work together? ...I smell a sitcom!

He_Who_Is_Steve said:
Two companies that hate each other legally obligated to work together? ...I smell a sitcom!

You work for Fox don't you?

He_Who_Is_Steve said:

Lol!
Vivendi: Valve, did you sleep with my daughter Sierra?
Valve: Well, I didn't know she was your daughter!
Vivendi: And how is that game comming that you are working on?
Valve: I don't have to answer to you, your not my father!
Vivendi: I pay for that game, I have the right to know!

And so on!

He_Who_Is_Steve said:
I don't normaly make posts like these but that really did make me chuckle :LOL:

Actually they were just contracted to do a sequel to Half-Life. Which obviously they did, thats why DoD retail is on Activision publishing. Put the 2 together ;)

Vivendi owns the Half-Life name, so when they make 3 they will have use them again, but I beleive that is all they are obligated to do.

slicktick said:
Vivendi owns the Half-Life name, so when they make 3 they will have use them again, but I beleive that is all they are obligated to do.

i think you may be wrong...

© 2004 Valve Corporation. All rights reserved. Valve, the Valve logo, Half-Life, the Half-Life logo, and the Lambda logo are trademarks and/or
registered trademarks of Valve Corporation

Look at the base of the Half-Life 2 Website.

eiric said:
Lol!
Vivendi: Valve, did you sleep with my daughter Sierra?
Valve: Well, I didn't know she was your daughter!
Vivendi: And how is that game comming that you are working on?
Valve: I don't have to answer to you, your not my father!
Vivendi: I pay for that game, I have the right to know!

And so on!

Vivendi doesn’t fund VALVe to make there games VALVe is independent with there money... which they have stated time and time again…

slicktick said:

VU do not own IP to the HL series. The IP was givin back to VALVe in 2002 neg of contract with Sierra.

Back